Coolermaster Stacker cable question?

Permabanned
Is there a problem with the power SATA/PATA cables reaching the uppermost 5.25" drivebays on the stacker when the PSU is mounted on the bottom? I have the Enermax Liberty 620W PSU

coolermaster_810_side_fs.jpg

Getting close to ordering it No competitor talk please I can't find the black version 810 CM in the UK.

Anyone fitted a 12cm fan to the side panel? Shouldn't be too difficult, just drill new holes, cut off the area for the smaller fan mount points.

Ok going by dimensions and some deductions/approximations.

The 810 case is 53 cm high.
And 58 cm deep
Depending how CM measure it (H x W x D or D x W x H) going by picture I think it's deeper than it is higher.

The 5.25" drives will be around 20 cm deep into the case.
PSU is 15 cm deep.
Take roughly 5cm total off top and bottom due to casing, gaps and the feet.

Convert PSU cables to cm- power is 58cm and drive cables are 76cm.
PSU connectors are 2.5cm from the top of the PSU.

Roughly 45cm vertical distance from the PSU connectors to the top 5.25" drive bay power connector. The horizontal distance from PSU connectors to the bottom 5.25" is 24cm.

So I think I have plenty of slack cable, since the "cable area" is 45cm x 24cm. I could print out the case to scale :-) and see.

Right I've scaled the side photo 1:1 in PS (56cm deep by 53cm high canvas of case only) then imported that into a larger canvas, then created two lines for the cables, PSU and 5.25" drive boxes also to scale. It looks like I have loads of slack.

cm.jpg

Last edited:
ok ordered it from Germany. £127 total, not bad considering where it's coming from. I haven't seen 810's for much less (in fact one sells them for £113+VAT!) OC AFAIK have the older stacker, which is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom