Cooling

Associate
Hey guys, my pc is struggling in this uk heatwave as is everyone elses i presume. i have resorted to talking to the mrs and thats never a good idea

The heat that comes out of my case is very warm and in this heatwave i cant have it on for long due to it making the room even warmer :( its either me phanteks p400 has bad airflow or my case fans are not producing enough cool air.

After 10 mins on COD my cpu was 55c and board was 48c

Has anyone got any good tips for 140mm high air flow fans. I want em to blow like a hurricane and blow ice cold air in?

Soldato
Hey guys, my pc is struggling in this uk heatwave as is everyone elses i presume. i have resorted to talking to the mrs and thats never a good idea

The heat that comes out of my case is very warm and in this heatwave i cant have it on for long due to it making the room even warmer :( its either me phanteks p400 has bad airflow or my case fans are not producing enough cool air.

Has anyone got any good tips for 140mm high air flow fans. I want em to blow like a hurricane and blow ice cold air in?

Noctua do the 3000rpm Industrial fans. They are very loud though. As for the P400 it doesn't have the greatest airflow though due to that solid front panel. If you remove the front panel you would probably see a drop in temps.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £31.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
The heat that comes out of my case is very warm and in this heatwave i cant have it on for long due to it making the room even warmer
Don't waste your money to PC fans.
No matter what fans PC has it produces same amount of heat energy into room.
Only way to keep room cooler is either decrease amount of power consumed by PC, or improve cooling of room.

Soldato
^ What he said. Computer uses energy, generates heat, puts heat into room. Completely immutable physics there.

You could downclock and undervolting your CPU and GPU but you'd probably only make 20-30% different strengths the very best, say from 300W down to 250 or similar. What you need is open windows and lots of them.

Associate
OP
Just ordered some thermal grizzly and 2 extra fans for the nzxt kracken for a push pull configuration. lets hope the grizzly can shave off a few degrees

Soldato

Your temps are not at all high, even 15c higher would not be extreme.

As stated, computer heat is a given, and the harder computer is worked the more heat it will make .. and that heat will warm up room computer is in. As I see it you have 2 basic options; put set a room fan at floor level in doorway so it can move cool air into room with room's hotter air flowing out the top of doorway, or more computer to a cooler bigger room.

Back
Top Bottom