Coping over OS drive Programmes etc

Soldato
So I have a new NvME drive in teh post, but was also maybe getting a new mother board.
If I using a cloning piece of software to "clone" the OS/ Programmes drive , when plugging it into the new Motherbaord would it still work okay, obviously external mapping of drives etc exempt.

Soldato
So I have a new NvME drive in teh post, but was also maybe getting a new mother board.
If I using a cloning piece of software to "clone" the OS/ Programmes drive , when plugging it into the new Motherbaord would it still work okay, obviously external mapping of drives etc exempt.

In theory, yes, but Windows may no longer be licensed; I believe it still uses a hardware fingerprint, and such changes to hardware may just be enough to change this fingerprint. Though you might be lucky with a reactivation call,and get the fun of typing in a huge long number!

I have used macrium reflect when swapping mechanical drives to SSD, pretty painless.

Associate
+1 for Macrium reflect, had recently used it to clone my old ssd onto my new nvme drive. Also if your windows is a retail version it should be fine but you might be asked to enter the key again as said above.

Back
Top Bottom