Copying to a backup - how to 'mirror' the content?

Associate
Good afternoon,

I regularly back-up my PC drives to external SSD's, normally by just copying and pasting.

The issue I face is having deleted and changed some of the files on my PC (which happens regularly), if I simple copy and paste onto the backup it obviously adds the new files to the backup, but it doesn't remove any files - i.e. it is no longer representative of my PC, it's mishmash of historical files that are continually added to.

A way around this is to delete everything off the backup and do a new copy every time I make a backup - but that takes a long time.

Is there any tool which will automatically adjust the backup to my PC contents - i.e. identifying what has changed and what hasn't and moving the files appropriately?

Many thanks.

Syncback using the non deletion backup option. It moves and renames any changed files to a subfolder.
Thanks for this - have downloaded and it looks good, although I haven't quite figured out the 'non-delete aspect of it, and if I run a sequence of files to my external drive it'll do one then delete it in the next runthrough, so I'll have to figure that out.

Back
Top Bottom