corded or cordless

Associate
i used to have a logitech g15 corded keyboard ancient but loved it, decide to upgrade mouse to logi g502 lightspeed mouse
and also get the logi g915 cordless keyboard. The sad thing is i seem to have them plugged in charging more than they are in cordless use.
So my question as above if you were to go corded what would you choose now, fresh start new choice brand and model and why? if you are cordless
what have you got, anything with a good use battery life?

cheers

Associate
I have a G502 wireless and, at the moment, an Epomaker TH80 which I run wired to my personal machine and wireless to my work laptop. I have a Keychron Q1 on the way (wired only) that will be dedicated to my personal machine.

I don't see a huge problem having a wired keyboard plus it allows you further into the rabbit hole with cables :)

Wireless mouse is better though, imo.

Associate
As I game a lot, I tend to stay on wired. Especially since the main game I play is an MMO, and I play support toons that become essential (tank, heal, last one standing, etc). Which means if the battery is going down in the middle of a run, I don't have the time to switch out the wireless device when I should be saving a run or helping a run happen.

Soldato
I've been wireless for years, but after a bad experience with the Logitech G915 Lightspeed Keyboarrd and G502 Mouse i'm going with a Ducky One 3 Daybreak, wish it was wireless, but eh, it isn't!

Soldato
Wireless kb and mouse now. I was always sceptical of razer but their wireless mechanical TKL I have lasts about ten days before needing charge, the Naga mouse lasts over a month on a normal rechargable AA.

Associate
I don't keep a record but I bought a £13 Vegcoo mouse for my work machine and it seems to keep its charge for ages. For £13 it's a brilliant little thing, can't fault it.

Man of Honour
Just received the Endgame XM2we from ocuk and been testing out wired vs wireless and see zero difference, no change in polling, no change in latency tests, no change in cursor tracking. Far as I can see, the wireless is exactly the same as wired for accuracy!

Battery life looks stellar too at 1 week of continuous use but this is a non issue as you can charge whilst you use in wired mode too. I also like that the cable plug is slightly raised at the front so it doesn't drag against your mouse surface creating unwanted friction.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still having this debate in my head, for a mouse, keyboard I'm fine with wired.

But for a mouse, not having the weight/drag of the cable seems like a big plus. I've always been dubious because of potential latency but satisfied now that isn't a thing anymore.

I am tempted to try a wireless mouse next.

Associate
If you're not sure try a cheapo.... I have a Vegcoo C23 from that rainy place that costs £13. I really like it and use it on my work machine, absolutely fine and a steal at that price. All imho of course. Oh and the battery lasts an age, can't remember when I last charged it....

Soldato
I have just bought the logitech mx master 2s and apparently the battery lasts for 70days,, I guessing not anywhere near that if your a gamer.... Reviews says its not a gaming mouse but it seems pretty good to me though as I cannot tell between cordless or corded,, but I am not a big gamer.

Associate
Just received the Endgame XM2we from ocuk and been testing out wired vs wireless and see zero difference, no change in polling, no change in latency tests, no change in cursor tracking. Far as I can see, the wireless is exactly the same as wired for accuracy!

Battery life looks stellar too at 1 week of continuous use but this is a non issue as you can charge whilst you use in wired mode too. I also like that the cable plug is slightly raised at the front so it doesn't drag against your mouse surface creating unwanted friction.
Hey man, how's the build quality of this. I have an endgame xmr I think it is and the back thumb button has pushed in a little.

Wondering if the build quality has improved at all.

Cheers

Man of Honour
No problems here, never used any other Endgame XM though so can't say how it differs. I find the quality to be excellent and the buttons feel robust. It's 61g or so so obviously the plastics can only be so thin, but the build quality is definitely good so far.

Back
Top Bottom