cordless mouse for gaming & general use must have brilliant range

Associate
hi im looking for a new mouse, i am currently using a trackball which i had on my laptop but its no good for games on the pc, anyway i want a good mouse for gaming but it must be wireless. Im no hardcore gamer so i prefer no wires. It must also be good for general pc stuff.

One other thing and i might be expecting a bit much here, my pc is a htpc and i will be sitting at my desk facing the wall and the htpc is on the opposite wall behind me. So is there a cordless mouse that will have a good strong range that it will work with the reciever 10ft behind my desk?

I doubt any would have a long enough cable to reach from the htpc, under my floor and up to my desk to be in front of me.

the trackball i have is wireless but no good for games, the movement is not fine enough and in gameplay movement is very jerky. fine for general pc use but not for games.

i used it with my laptop for 1 1/2 years and was ideal for sitting on the sofa with no need to worry about where to use a mouse, just a twiddle of the thumb and bobs your mothers brother

Think i'll check some out, any recommendations? I'm 22 feet away from my screen in my hc, so a wireless trackball would be ace, dont play games on it so that wouldnt be a problem (got me games room for that!)....and sorry for jumping in your thread btw!

MX1000 for the win !
its a joy for browsing the net and other applications due to allt he buttons rtight where you need em... the back and forward ( for the internet) are just so useful. you can also set them to lean left and right in games etc.
just dont install the drivers for it !!

edit:
ive just went downstairs and to the other corner of my house to test the mouse and yeap... it moved :)

R B CUSTOMS said:
MX1000 for the win !
its a joy for browsing the net and other applications due to allt he buttons rtight where you need em... the back and forward ( for the internet) are just so useful. you can also set them to lean left and right in games etc.
just dont install the drivers for it !!

edit:
ive just went downstairs and to the other corner of my house to test the mouse and yeap... it moved :)

nice that sounds as though there is a good range with this mouse, do you have any idea how long the able if from the reciever to the pc?

MX610 Left Handed Edition!!!

Left handers are finally getting an ergo mouse of their own, it's cordless and laser, and should be available to buy online by the end of the month. I wonder if OcUK will stock it? :D

On topic, check out the MX610 Standard Edition (right handed mouse). ;)

sare^baw's said:
the trackball i have is wireless but no good for games, the movement is not fine enough and in gameplay movement is very jerky. fine for general pc use but not for games.

i used it with my laptop for 1 1/2 years and was ideal for sitting on the sofa with no need to worry about where to use a mouse, just a twiddle of the thumb and bobs your mothers brother

The jerky movement in games could be due to having the sensitvity too high.
With the sensitivity on full it will move the mouse cursor something like 4 pixels on screen for every pixel it reads off the desk.
Like you I was fine on the desktop, but in games with the sensitivity cranked up, turning left and right caused jerky movements, as it was shifting the screen in 4 pixel chunks. I turned the sensitivity down yesterday and it became much smoother. I now have to move the mouse half way across my desk to turn around, so I too am looking at a new mouse, one with a high resolution mouse is needed I think. Might be tempted by a cordless one if they're not laggy in games.

Edit - I have the original Microsoft optical mouse which is 400dpi I think. I turned the sensitivity down in windows which didn't do much in Oblivion, so I used the ingame settings and things drastically improved.

i already tried the in game sensativity but found i was twirling my trackball too much to move around and it was not practical, new mouse is on the cards though and the mx1000 is looking good but pricey mmmmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom