Cordless mower recommendation?

Soldato
I'm personally in an internal battle with myself as to whether to go cordless battery mower vs robot - I may end up with both due to having a front lawn which would be inaccessible to the robot, or hire gardeners :cry:

The only con I can see to a robot, is the need to go for one which is quite expensive to get rid of perimeter wire. The 200ish sq/m of grass we have in the back lawn is only accessible via porcelain tiles, and therefore I'd have to run perimeter wire over them, or a power cable over them - I don't want to do this for obvious reasons! If I can get a GPS positioning based one it negates this issue, and could mark the patio as a "no mow" zone.

But for just 200sq/m of grass it seems quite a large investment, investment is the right word though given the time it would save me over the years.

If I do go cordless electric, it'd be this https://www.dewalt.co.uk/product/dcmwp134n-xj/2x18v-xr-push-lawn-mower-tool-only?tid=573141

Last edited:
Associate
I'm personally in an internal battle with myself as to whether to go cordless battery mower vs robot - I may end up with both due to having a front lawn which would be inaccessible to the robot, or hire gardeners :cry:

The only con I can see to a robot, is the need to go for one which is quite expensive to get rid of perimeter wire. The 200ish sq/m of grass we have in the back lawn is only accessible via porcelain tiles, and therefore I'd have to run perimeter wire over them, or a power cable over them - I don't want to do this for obvious reasons! If I can get a GPS positioning based one it negates this issue, and could mark the patio as a "no mow" zone.

But for just 200sq/m of grass it seems quite a large investment, investment is the right word though given the time it would save me over the years.

If I do go cordless electric, it'd be this https://www.dewalt.co.uk/product/dcmwp134n-xj/2x18v-xr-push-lawn-mower-tool-only?tid=573141

I don't think these need a boundary wire

Soldato
Unfortunately the area it can cover on a single charge write it off for me, which couples with it requiring manual intervention which removes the full automation I'd want - it's definitely a step in the right direction though for cheaper robots to come!

Soldato
Ended up with the 41cm 40v Greenworks mower with the 2x 2ah batteries - hopefully will be using it tomorrow, but typically they give rain!

D9aO2mL.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom