• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

core 2 duo exteme

Man of Honour
What do you mean does any one know anything about the CPU? I'm assuming you are talking about the X6800 Extreme Edition? As for being undecided, if you want to buy the most expensive (and best performing at stock speeds) Intel CPU then go ahead, it is a great CPU but I should in all fairness point out that you can overclock a lower rated and cheaper CPU normally to around the same speeds and save yourself money doing so. E.g. if you know a bit about overclocking or want to try it(read the guides in the Overclocking sub-forum before asking questions) then you might want to consider one of the cheaper options but if you aren't overclocking or have money to spare then the X6800 is a good choice.

Soldato
If you have LOTS of money and can afford it - Then yes - The X6800 is a great CPU!

However, most of us are buying the cheaper models and overclocking them - Which then give the same level iof performance or in many cases more performance than the x6800 ;)

...but you could all ways overclock an x6800 as well :D

Soldato
overclocking an x6800 will not get you more then you get out of a 6600

when you overclock

E6600 on average give you 3500-3700mhz with the odd 3800-4000mhz.

E6800 gives you about 3800-4000mhz with the odd dud of 3600-3800mhz.

so now decide whether the extra 300mhz is worth appx 500 squids.

with kentsfieldo on the horizon, if you want to purchase a extreme intel chip, then it might be worth waiting for that.

so my advice is get the e6600, either stock or overclock, its better value than the e6800.

Back
Top Bottom