• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Core 2 Duo Overclocking Database ***

Soldato
The Official Overclocking Thread is useful for discussion but I find the thread grows too large too quickly to find overclocks quickly and easily so this thread is for people to only post their overclocks. I'll compile a table within the first post that should be updated every few days.

Required information to post:

1. CPU Model
2. CPU Vcore
3. CPU Stepping
4. Multiplier and FSB used
5. Clock Speed
6. Motherboard
7. Motherboard BIOS version
8. RAM
9. RAM Timings
10. RAM Ratio/ Divider
11. RAM Voltage
12. Method of Cooling
13. Screenshot of stability testing

I think this list is enough but by no means exhaustive, feel free to add further settings.

Up to date as of [17 October 2006, 22:54]

ocukeq7.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Initial result.

CPU Model: E6600
CPU Vcore: 1.3875v
CPU Stepping: Week 24 Batch 602
Multiplier and FSB used: 9 * 333
Clock Speed: 3GHz
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH
Motherboard BIOS version: 0801
RAM: 2Gb GSkill NR PC2-6400
RAM Timings: 5-5-5-12
RAM Voltage: 2.0v
Method of Cooling: Air
Screenshot of stability testing: Orthos 12 hours

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Stepping Servo? Should be labelled FPO/BATCH # L6xxAxxx on the side of your box.

No worries, didn't realise it was an OEM. Thanks anyway :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
toucam said:
I'm interested in your Prime result, is it stable for long hours at such low voltage? Please report back. Anything under 1.425v mine failed after just a few minutes. :mad:

Cheers.

After a bit more testing I've upped the vcore to 1.3875 and am using the 0801 BIOS. I'm sure it'll run at a lower vcore than this but just needs tweaking, under 1.4v though :)

Orthos 12 hours stable

Soldato
OP
neocon said:
I think vcore was on normal.

What fsb do you think I should try next?
333?
366?

Most chips do almost 3GHz on stock volts, make sure you manually set the voltage in your BIOS (1.3v) because I've heard some people left it on Auto and it scaled the voltage up with an overclock, you'd be better setting it manually.

Right just editing this reply as I've noticed you've got an E6400, so 375 will get you 3GHz, so try for 366 FSB :)

Keep the results coming ladies and gents :)

Soldato
OP
Hi. Cheers for the reminder, nearly forgot about this thread.

There have been 2* more results since the last update, I usually waited for a few to come in before making an update purely to save time. Thread has been neglected recently, I'm away for a few days but if I get my remote desktop working I'll update it, hopefully a few more results will be posted soon :)

*I think :p

Soldato
OP
ROfu, when you get time to upload a screenshots I'll add you.

I've added the ES guys to the list with everyone else, against my gut feeling, but I've highlighted the fact they are ES chips. Not fair leaving 2 of them at the bottom :p

Any disagreements let me know and I'll adjust best I can, thanks for your patience all. Goodnight :)

Soldato
OP
w3bbo said:
I take it my 3.75ghz shot don't count :(

Suicides aren't stable, everyone has to prove their overclock is fairly stable in order for results to be comparable. :)

nickinmarbella can you run prime or a similar program, cpu-z just shows system settings, looks like you've got a good chip their - should get some nice results on water. Even a few hours proves it's semi-stable (everyone definition of stable is different).

Back
Top Bottom