• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Dg a Vega 64 is not a lot faster than the GPU i have, especially with it overclocked.

I don't have any problems running anything other than perhaps CSGO at 1080P, but then again i don't care because i'm old and can't keep up with its youthful players reaction times. and FC5 can sometimes drop the GPU to about 90%, everthing else is perfectly fine, including Fortnite. Battlefield? dunno about pubg, i should think its a problem, a mate of mine has a 2700X and a 1080TI, he doesn't have any complaints about the performance on pubg.

Edit, Battlefield 1, not a problem...

Oh hang on a minute before Dg gets the wrong idea, when i say CSGO is a problem for my CPU, its a 400 FPS problem.... i can't get any more than about 400 FPS while the GPU looks like it could do a lot more. i have no doubt the 9900K can do over Nine Thousand!!!!!!!!!!!! FPS in CSGO

where not talking about if they can play at 1080 we all know they can. i just stated the 9900k is the fastest cpu for gaming. everyone else is moving goal posts or bringing value into it. doesnt take away the intel 9900k is the quickest gaming chip.

Moving goal posts ? You’ve just made up a price ...

what does it get on pubg ? ;) its not 144. guarentee that. so no good for me.

made up the price thats the price it was available to be brought for in uk before stock all got brought up.all of two seconds would have told you that.

made up the price thats the price it was available to be brought for in uk before stock all got brought up.all of two seconds would have told you that.

Link me now to where I can buy it for that?

You can’t so don’t go back in time to try and win an arguement...it’s pathetic.

My GPU doesn't get anywhere near 144Hz in pubg, its about 70 to 100. and that is the GPU that's the bottleneck.

i run at close to 200 fps solid. humbug at 1080.on intel chip. many in discord run capped at 144hz on i7s at 5ghz. thats exactly why we run intel chips. cause the amd cant.

Link me now to where I can buy it for that?

You can’t so don’t go back in time to try and win an arguement...it’s pathetic.
cant do it . you already know why. the funny thing is its not even a hint either cause the stocks already brought. thats why its 600+ now everywhere. you could have brought it for the proper price though if you were quick.

Games, games, games, games, games, games.

Do any of you actually use your computers for anything remotely productive? Also I don't mean updating your status on Faceache, or Twitting someone.

There are way to many combinations of CPU, GPU, Monitor, Resolution, Refresh Rates, RAM speeds, Background tasks, etc. to even compare one person to another a lot of the time. Cost indeed is irrelevant for a tiny almost minuscule percentage of people, since if it wasn't they'd all have SLI 2080TI's on a 9900K (yes I know there are not enough PCI-E lanes for 2080Ti) with exotic cooling loops, and 4000MHz C15 RAM and the most expensive monitors no doubt. However, that is not the case at all is it, please find me 10 users on this forum who have the best of everything, shouldn't be hard, we are on an computing enthusiast forum after all.

9900K - excellent CPU, crap thermals, terrible price presently and probably for at least 6 months. Good long term proposition, not on your nelly, especially if you are buying it right now rather than waiting for the prices to normalise, at £450-480 and being faster than a 7900X in some productive tasks it would be great, but you can buy a TR 1920X and board for the same price as just this CPU and cooler right now. Yes I am not on about games... no games, just doing 'stuff'

Rant over, you can go back to playing your games now. I am going to see if I can push this 2200G/Vega 8 above 1500 points in Timespy now :)

I am till waiting on the 50fps difference in Horizon 4 to appear...

So far no luck. Even the pants down fire extinguisher on standby suggested in the other thread only led to comments from my wife... :(

cant do it . you already know why. the funny thing is its not even a hint either cause the stocks already brought. thats why its 600+ now everywhere. you could have brought it for the proper price though if you were quick.

If your talking the rainforest global store it was quite obvious and clear they totally screwed up, they said stock due 19th October, no that was the launch day and it was also intended as paper launch for retail 9900k, then 19th arrives and went straight to out of stock status and put the price up as Intel did not ship any retail box yet I believe anywhere in the world or an extreme small amount to US market.

Now all the people who ordered, no shipments made, no dates given, its obvious an error was made though no doubt a very much on purpose error, its obvious they never had any and are now trying to worm there way out by not giving any concrete ETA.
Plus even they now increased the price.

Proper price or not, 9900K won't be available for such prices for quite some time, even in tray format and in retail extremely unlikely in fact I am seeing some places now selling 9900k retail (not in stock) at £700 - £900, there not gonna get cheaper only more expensive.

OcUK is also one of the very few stockist if not only stockist as is our sister company Caseking, also has 9900K in stock too.

To give you an idea of how bad the 9900K Retail situation is, we are expecting 10-25 units next week, which shall be taken by pre-orders, that is crazy considering how many thousands we ordered months ago.

Last edited:
If your talking the rainforest global store it was quite obvious and clear they totally screwed up, they said stock due 19th October, no that was the launch day, then then went to straight out of stock and put the price up as Intel did not ship any retail box yet I believe anywhere in the world.
Now all the people who ordered, no shipments made, no dates given, its obvious an error was made though no doubt a very much on purpose error, its obvious they never had any and are now trying to worm there way out by not giving any concrete ETA.

Proper price or not, 9900K won't be available for such prices for quite some time, even in tray format and in retail extremely unlikely in fact I am seeing some places now selling 9900k retail (not in stock) at £700 - £900, there not gonna get cheaper only more expensive.

OcUK is also one of the very few stockist if not only stockist as is our sister company Caseking, also has 9900K in stock too.

Just makes the 2700x even more of a bargain...just looked on one site based in goole and the i9 9900k is listed cheaper than OcUK.

Hardware these days is comedy gold.E trailers make prices up...

Some people are willing to pay a premium for the fastest/best etc, most of us look for some kind of “bang for buck ratio”, the latter obviously won’t be buying Intel.

It honestly feels if Nvidia/Intel are trying to just how far they can “push the envelope” at the moment, the tech is impressive but so is the associated pricing.

Freesync negates the need for high fps. You get butter smooth gameplay.

hahaha cause it does.:p

My 720p60fps Twitch streams using FreeSync look and feel way smoother than a lot of top streamers on Twitch that have high end Intel/Nvidia systems. They plough all this cash into their systems when they really dont need to. A lot of them dont even invest in G Sync.

I came from an Intel 6700K to my 2700X, the games i play have never felt smoother, maybe Arma 3 being an exception, which basically feels the same on both.

My RX 480 (4GB) is the weak link in my system and i can still throw a buttery smooth stream onto Twitch.
Next upgrade will be the GPU though, which means even smoother gameplay for me and on Twitch.

Btw, i sold the 6700K and Asus Pro Gaming Z170 on the bay last week and they went for £300 which will go towards my next GPU :)

Some people are willing to pay a premium for the fastest/best etc, most of us look for some kind of “bang for buck ratio”, the latter obviously won’t be buying Intel.

It honestly feels if Nvidia/Intel are trying to just how far they can “push the envelope” at the moment, the tech is impressive but so is the associated pricing.

Gone are the days of buying cheaper parts and clocking them up for bang for buck..

If your talking the rainforest global store it was quite obvious and clear they totally screwed up, they said stock due 19th October, no that was the launch day and it was also intended as paper launch for retail 9900k, then 19th arrives and went straight to out of stock status and put the price up as Intel did not ship any retail box yet I believe anywhere in the world or an extreme small amount to US market.

To give you an idea of how bad the 9900K Retail situation is, we are expecting 10-25 units next week, which shall be taken by pre-orders, that is crazy considering how many thousands we ordered months ago.

Tell ya what Gibbo, a big UP FOR YOU to still be keeping to the RRP. As you fully know most other retailers are gouging to the limit.

Back
Top Bottom