cornflake price hike shocker!

Associate
this is sorta part tongue in cheek but also I am a little annoyed.
doing my usual Tesco online shop and their basic cornflakes shot up by 56% since last month.

Tesco Everyday Cornflakes Cereal 500G went from £0.25 to £0.39 ouch.

Associate
OP
I thought the value cornflakes tasted perfectly fine. Quite a hefty price increase relatively though!

Nowadays I tend to just go for Tesco Everyday Value Oats 1Kg - £0.75. Oats are oats I'm sure. I don't see the point in buying those ready made porridge sachets either given it takes arguably less time to do it yourself. Put oats in bowl, top up with water and/or milk, microwave for 1 minute 20. Done. Pro tip I once read: If you want a smoother texture more like from a sachet stick ~half the oats into a blender first.

nice tip about oats - might give them a blast.

as for my origanal post - everyone but you seems to have missed the fact that 56% increase in price regardless of the actual low amount they cost in first place is one helluva jump.

cornflakes is cornflakes (tho I tried the Asda low cost ones that came in a plastic bag instead of a box and those were ghastly) but translate that price change to something like a 960 gtx grafics card around £150 would jump the price to £234 - it is really not the price that's the issue here but the enormous change that I really don't like.

if there was a lidl/Aldi close by then I would go there instead :)

finally Diddums - that was really funny :D

Back
Top Bottom