Correcting special folder names in File Explorer

Associate
I've just built my own Windows 11 PC, at the end of which process I configured the OneDrive Personal app to sync all my OneDrive folders stored in Azure. Given that one folder is called 'Audio' and another 'Home Video', I decided to change the location of the Windows special folders called 'Music' and 'Video' to the two OneDrive locations. All was then good when This PC was expanded, but what I didn't like was that with the OneDrive folder structure expanded in the righthand pane of File Explorer, I found that 'Audio' had been renamed to 'Music', and 'Home Video' to 'Video'. Changing the locations back to the original targets without moving any files was of course easy, but the 'Music' and 'Video' renaming still prevails in OneDrive - unless I click on the URLs for these folders at the top of File Explorer whereupon I see that in fact, they are still correctly named 'Audio' and 'Home Video' the same as when OneDrive is opened in a web browser.

All is therefore 'good', except it isn't because I want the two folders to display in File Explorer with their correct names. The special folder names are also preserved by my backup utility (the excellent Bvckup2).

How to undo my unwanted change, please? Rebooting didn't achieve anything so I presume that I am in to the realms of editing the registry at my own risk? (Yes, the disc is already cloned before I start doing anything)

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom