Corsair AIO - Can't remove bracket. What am I doing wrong?

Associate
So the other day I (finally) received the AM4 bracket needed to mount my brand new H80i v2 120mm AIO from Corsair. However I couldn't get the pre-mounted Intel bracket off of it AT ALL... which ultimately led to a bad accident where one of the two tubes broke off completely at the pump (RIP)

According to the manual, it's supposed to be as simple as gripping hold of the bracket and giving it a slight turn to get it loose from the "gear", but I cannot for the life of me get it loose. At most it will go about 1mm back and forth, if I rock it. Now that it's basically dead, I have been a LOT more rough with it, and it still won't budge an inch. I've read a few forum threads trying to figure out the problem, that I need to apply some "vertical" pressure as well, but nothing.

So... any Asetek wizards around here, that have experienced anything like this, and might know what I'm doing wrong? Love to get some closure here while I wait for the RMA process.

Associate
from memory you had to basically get someone to hold it while apply pressure int hew opposite direction of normal tightening (So basically "up")
once it was slightly lifted you could then spint he gear about 5 degrees and it would pop off.

Unless they changed the design or you have a defective size ring or something..?

Associate
OP
That's how I read the threads too - And now that one tub is off, I can basically hold it down in a vice with one hand and push/turn hard...yet still nothing.

Associate
I really dont know then m8, yes it was deff apply pressure towards the top of the unit (IE from the copper plate and through the unit to the top)
It wasn't THAT difficult, I reckon you have a malformed ring or something.

Associate
OP
I suppose I should take some solance it in then. I'll try a proper vice tomorrow and see if I can force it off with actual tools - Just to prove a point to Corsair's RMA department.

Soldato
Found this on another site.

Corsair H100i V2 bracket removal
As the title says ,having an issue with a brand spanking new H100i V2 i bought this for an upgrade for an AMD (fx8350 Asrock 990fx killer) system this means removal of the pre installed intel bracket
The instructions say to remove turn the intel bracket 1/8th turn clockwise (with mating surface plate facing you pictured in the manual) .... Mine wont budge and i'm not wanting to force it incase i break it

***** SOLVED *****
Turns out the corsair instructions are WRONG and misleading with the plate on the pump facing you .....turn to the left!!!! Not the right as listed ......

Looking at the manual for the H80i, it does seem to be the case.

:D

Soldato
***** SOLVED *****
Turns out the corsair instructions are WRONG and misleading with the plate on the pump facing you .....turn to the left!!!! Not the right as listed ......

Be interesting to see how the warranty stands on this, if you break it because you followed the manufacturer's instructions and the manufacturers instructions were wrong then surely the blame for the damage lies with the manufacturer?

Soldato
Be interesting to see how the warranty stands on this, if you break it because you followed the manufacturer's instructions and the manufacturers instructions were wrong then surely the blame for the damage lies with the manufacturer?

Indeed.
Hope Mansen keeps us updated on the outcome. Although it may be best he doesn't use any tools to further damage it.

Back
Top Bottom