Corsair C70 Arctic White Build

Soldato
Patience.....Is not a virtue I am comfortable with...Also, as I never planned on doing a step by step you will, have to do a fair amount of imagining.

Decided I wanted it on Friday 3rd of Aug...Here on Saturday the 4th, Can I say thank you to 5UB who is a true gentleman (sucking up for future help when I screw up again).

It's arrives :D

The cardboard box is MOAR than sturdy enough to give the case enough protection, the foam inside fits very tight meaning that it won't bash about in there while it's being transported..Good start then.

Yes, as you may have guessed I was salivating by this point...

This is how it arrives with everything fitted that should be. Can I make it very clear that the 2 x 120mm mounts on the top will accommodate 2 x 140mms as well. Why this is not advertised I will never know. I was going to settle for a 240mm rad...No longer...Daddies getting a 280mm.

Ever heard you fans vibrating on your case? No longer with these simple fan mount grommets...Yes I am still gushing over them, such a simple but handy addition.

So here we are, everything is ready for the mobo to be put in. The front is very secure and took me a moment to work out how to remove. 3 clips on each side, unclip and it's off. Once removed you can attach 2x120 or 1x140 to the front panel.

FAKE REASON > I removed the top HD tray as I didn't need it and wanted to improve airflow to the CPU cooler. There is a small cut out to the right of the fan mount to guide the fan lead through. Very simple, very clever!

REAL REASON > MOAR Red in MOAR places :D...Because of this my SSD is sandwiched in between HD tray and side panel...Ohh noes :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I don't have a modular PSU......Yet. The C70 has so much space in the PSU grommet I don't think I'll get one (So.. I give it 3 months b4 I get one lol).

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how to install a mobo into a case so will just show you the finished thing. Geek lube at the ready.

Now we wouldn't be finished if I didn't show my beauty in situ.

If I wasn't taking those photo's on my phone in low light conditions it might actually look better.

Now the important thing to note is that I bought this case for one purpose only...WATERCOOLING.

I am so impressed with it and cannot wait until the 22nd of this month when OcUK will yet again be getting the lion share of my paycheck.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will update once complete.

Soldato
OP
YOUR BASKET
1 x XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump £59.98
1 x XSPC EX280 Dual Fan Radiator £44.99
1 x XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator - Black £29.99
2 x Mayhems X1 UV Red Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L £7.99 (£15.98)
2 x Bitspower 5mm UV LED Bulb - 4Pin (Dual Pack) £5.99 (£11.98)
10 x Koolance Nozzle Single, Compression for 13mm x 16mm (1/2in x 5/8in) £3.11 (£31.10)
2 x XSPC 7/16" ID (16/11mm) High Flex Hose - Clear £2.99 (£5.98)
1 x OcUK Value PSU Bridging Connector (24 Pin) £1.30
Total : £201.26 (includes shipping : FREE).

So this is where I am for my watercooled build. Do I need a silver kill coil thing or does the mayhems fluid mean I don't?

Am getting a second hand block from a mate.

I would have gone for a D4 pump and res combo but would prefer to have a bit extra space.

I have selected the UV coolant as I will put the UV led's around the place.

Shoot me I know, but these are the parts I have;

Asus Crossfire V Formula/ Thunderbolt.
Phenom II 960T unlocked to X6. It's currently running Cpu 3.5 / Cpu-Nb @ 2400 due to the summer killing my temps as my room is a sauna.
EVGA GTX580 SC (now with backplate (what..what..it helps with VRM temps (utter rubbish!!!)).
8GB of Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2T.
XFX 650W.
1 x Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD (windows & games).
1 x Seagate 1TB 64MB cache HD.
1 x Western Digital Black 640GB HD.
1 x Hitachi 500GB HD
LG CD drive.
1x stock Corsair case fans + 4 x Prolimatech 120mm Red Vortex & 2 x the 140mm versions.

I will be using the 2 x 140mm's in PUSH for the 280mm roof rad while using the one I currently have in the roof and the front 140mm fan for 2 of the 120mm's.

I will use an Apache Black fan for push on the 120mm rad which will be mounted at the bottom of the case with the 120mm red led fan which is currently mounted on the HD cage. I would have to take that fan off anyway due to putting the rad next to it. I know the fans won't be matched but ho hum. Depending on temps I might fork out a set of Aeroshark RED LED fans the month after.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wcbasket.png

By jgstonedraider at 2012-08-21

New toys tomorrow..Can never make my mind up :D

CPU Block arrives Thurs Supreme HF Cooper Plexi second hand.

Back
Top Bottom