Corsair H80i - My Final Thoughts

Associate
One big pic to sum-up the performance. System as in my siggy, CPU locked @ 3.6GHz, H80i fans locked @ 1000rpm, ambient 19.2C:

final.jpg

As for the problems we've been reading about it seems to me Corsair made hardware changes during production which they will never admit to.
That would explain the 3 main faults;
1. Grinding noise from the fans/pump which changes to a whine after the firmware update.
2. Units that die with the firmware update.
3. Units that refuse to control the fans properly.

Earlier units were not guaranteed to control other fans, even less so now with the firmware update (which has been optimised for the standard fans).

So we can assume 2 hardware changes but no indication of that from Corsair.

On the plus side it seems the latest batch, and I hope future batches are working as advertised.

I hope now that we will start to see more success stories and benchmarks on the forums as members realise that what they have got far outstrips their expectations - a mid range cooler with better than mid range performance.
Resellers such as Newegg and others will still have stock of the older hydros so there's no guarantee you'll get a good one. Go to a reputable seller such as OCuk. I've always bought from OCuk and always will.

Chin up, looking good now.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's the reading from the on die (core) sensor. You're on about the motherboard sensor- TMPIN1, which i could use but the on die sensor reacts quicker to changes. Also the CL software reads the on die temperature. tbh there's only a degree or 2 difference on my system, and when the temp rises the TMPIN1 lags.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys i have had problems with my h80i too. i shall be returning it to ****** for it makes a grinding noise and is too hot whilst idle.
i thought i would attach my stats before and after btw i am on 3770k gigabyte ud5 OC to a modest 4.5 at 1.3v

NQrqz.jpg

DpKap.jpg

Associate
OP
Did you happen to read the pump speed from the link software or a monitoring software? A few cases have cropped up with high temps on Z77 turned out to be a badly fitted backplate.

Back
Top Bottom