Corsair HX1200i Issues

Associate
I recently received my order for a Corsair HX1200i from Overclockers. It was updating my current SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" as its 5 years old and I wanted something more powerfull for a 3090 and future proofing towards a new CPU.

After installing the Corsair PSU, computer powered for the first time and the 3090 LED's above the power connectors was flashing to show an issue with power delivery. Switched off the computer and double checked all cables with no issues. Switched it back on but still had the same issue for a couple restarts. After a couple problem sourcing, the LED's stopped flashing but nothing was being displayed and everything that was plugged into the USB's would not power/work. (Keyboard, Mouse, RGB Mouse Mat and Wireless Headphone Receiver).

Ive tried everything down to only powering the Motherboard, CPU and RAM with nothing on the monitor.

Ive tried removing the CMOS battery, leaving it for a while and tried again but nothing.

I thought it might of killed the motherboard at first but after connecting my old PSU, everything works as it should with no issues.

Is there something I can try/do or am I presumming ive received a bad PSU?

Motherboard - MSI X99S SLI Plus Intel X99
CPU - Intel 5820K
RAM - TeamGroup Elite 16GB
GPU - ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC

Associate
OP
Not a daft question, and no 1000%. Leadex uses clear ended 9 pin squares where as the Corsair is 8 pin traditional. Basically there’s no way you can mix them! Used all the brand new cables that came with the PSU

Back
Top Bottom