Corsair K95 LED keyboard faulty RMA - advice welcome

Associate
Hey All

I'll keep this short but my Corsair K95 LED's have started to burn out and at an alarming rate, no change has been made to the keyboards environment and i also understand this is a well documented issue against it.

now i have raised an RMA directly with Corsair but i am expected to pay the carriage costs to them.

which i am not too happy about my problem is as it's a well documented issue with this type of keyboard i feel i shouldn't be responsible for this as it isnt wear an tear nor is it a rare or isolated problem..

i am probably going to try and ask for a minimum i be reimbursed for any carriage costs. a better but very unlikely scenario i ask if they can replace for the RGB range even if its graded as i understand this range doesnt suffer the same fault. id just not want to go through the hassle of an rma and end up with the LEDs burning out over the next few months rince repeat.

its over 6 months old which is annoying and unfortunately not bought via Ocuk

Associate
OP
Got some great news :)

been liaising with corsair and after a simple email to them highlighting the problem etc they authorized a replacement K95 RGB model as a goodwill very chuffed with this outcome as i was expecting it to be a troublesome request.

so all in all cant fault corsair's RMA service in my experience so far arrived quickly gave me no false expectations and arrived sooner than they specified.

Associate
OP
Thanks.

The product is great but i am having software issues with my RGB unit i have updated the firmware but essentially the software reports malfunction and my caps lock indicator lights and some controls stop responding.

i can cope with it but would hope a software update at some point will address these issues

Associate
OP
with the above comments i can fully understand darket

because i've worked for various retailers i kind of know the steps to follow and all i did was send a polite email highlighting the issue and highlighting my concern over another K95 going faulty so i respectfully requested a K70 RGB as a graded unit.

and they did one step further they offered me the K95 which i am using whilst has its software faults, its no deal breaker and i am chuffed to peices .

all in all i know to always approach in the correct manner and it's good companies like corsair dont just give in to the angry customers but to customers with genuine concerns.

so hats off to corsair in my experience because in theory they could have forced another k95 unit.

Back
Top Bottom