Corsair Mechanical Keyboard?

Soldato
I need a new keyboard and not used a non-mac keyboard for a while.

The last mechanical keyboard I had was a Corsair K70 with Red switches which I quite liked (I think).

My first thought was to get another one of those but looking on the OcUK site Corsair have quite a few keyboards and in the same price bracket is the Strafe. There's also a Strafe Mk2 but that the only option is silent switches.

Whats the difference between all of these and is Corsair still a good choice or are there better options now?

Last edited:
Associate
I used to be a huge Corsair fan until I had a go with a Logitech G810, now I am a convert! The G810 is a far more professional product. It is just better in every way.

Associate
I had a corsair keyboard and wasn't impressed with it the build feels tacky and the space bar was loud.

I agree. They are very loud. Also the lighting just lights up the background more than the key lettering so it's actually difficult to see the lettering on the keys in a dark room. The font on the keys is bad and with some some keys virtually no light gets through at all. The software is poor. I mean when mechanical keyboards first came popular Corsair were a revelation, but fact is that old-timer Logitech are still the pro's at this sort of thing. I used a Corsair for years then bought a new Corsair and Logitech G810 at the same time for two PC's, I was really shocked at how much better the Logitech is. The lighting is perfect. The key action is fantastic. The software is comprehensive and simple to use. All in all it just makes the Corsair seem very amateurish.

Soldato
OP
I agree. They are very loud. Also the lighting just lights up the background more than the key lettering so it's actually difficult to see the lettering on the keys in a dark room. The font on the keys is bad and with some some keys virtually no light gets through at all. The software is poor. I mean when mechanical keyboards first came popular Corsair were a revelation, but fact is that old-timer Logitech are still the pro's at this sort of thing. I used a Corsair for years then bought a new Corsair and Logitech G810 at the same time for two PC's, I was really shocked at how much better the Logitech is. The lighting is perfect. The key action is fantastic. The software is comprehensive and simple to use. All in all it just makes the Corsair seem very amateurish.

Which Corsair keyboard are you comparing the logitech to? I don't remember having a problem with the K70 but that was over 2 years ago so I may be forgetting something and like I said I though things would have moved on since then.

Associate
Which Corsair keyboard are you comparing the logitech to? I don't remember having a problem with the K70 but that was over 2 years ago so I may be forgetting something and like I said I though things would have moved on since then.

The original K70 was a good keyboard, I still have one! The real problems happened later on with the newer versions.

Soldato
I agree. They are very loud. Also the lighting just lights up the background more than the key lettering so it's actually difficult to see the lettering on the keys in a dark room.
That lightning is as much problem coming from design of Cherry MX RGB than exclusive to Corsair:
Cherry MX RGB Uses switch frame/housing for distributing/"guiding" light with slider/keystem being opaque.

Soldato
Corsair keyboards are built like tanks,they're pretty good for the money tbh ive owned two k70 one ordinary K70 and a K70 Lux,The first one developed a loose connection and would loose all connection if i moved the keyboard at all,it was out of warrenty so had to buy a new keyboard but still went to with a K70 because they are good.

Only downfall id say with them is the key caps pop off really easy,i sometimes turn mine upside down and brush out any dust or crumbs etc as we all eat crap at our desks and it gets wedged between the keys and they often just off off its annoying,Also you need to have the software installed to get the RGB colours working otherwise without it installed just a solid red colour and you cant change the colours but other than that is a solid keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom