Corsair Scimitar or Roccat Nyth?

Associate
On the look out for a new MMO mouse as my Naga 2014 has started to fail. I've narrowed it down to these two and was leaning more towards the Nyth, but my only concern is being able to reach the 10, 11 and 12 buttons comfortably, as with the Naga I could never hit those buttons without having to adjust my grip, which is why I may end up going with the Scimitar..

Associate
As someone who owns both of these (and many others) I'd personally recommend the Nyth all day and all night over the scimitar.

The Scimitar (much to my chagrin) has never reliably worked. Mechanically it's a great mouse, but has been plagued with issues since day one. The random side buttons failing to respond and often requiring the cord to be pulled out the USB port and back in or worse, rebooting really has never been fixed. Not sure whether it's any better with CUE 2 but the Corsair forums are full of complaints about this mouse. Also just thought, mine is not the new "pro" version but the original, not sure which version your considering.

The Nyth on the other hand has hardly given me a moments trouble and being modular is great to set up how you'd like. I play a lot of WoW and use mine for raiding and as my daily driver. It's very comfortable to use for long periods but ymmv. Just be aware that the 3D printed buttons you can get for it from Shapeways are awful and look really crappy compared to the original buttons. This is however I believe a limitation of 3D printing. Using mine on a slamepad and it tracks like a champ and the feet are still going strong despite all the use it sees. :D

Best

Wulf

OcUK Staff
Associate
OP
Wulfster;30487546 said:
As someone who owns both of these (and many others) I'd personally recommend the Nyth all day and all night over the scimitar.

The Scimitar (much to my chagrin) has never reliably worked. Mechanically it's a great mouse, but has been plagued with issues since day one. The random side buttons failing to respond and often requiring the cord to be pulled out the USB port and back in or worse, rebooting really has never been fixed. Not sure whether it's any better with CUE 2 but the Corsair forums are full of complaints about this mouse. Also just thought, mine is not the new "pro" version but the original, not sure which version your considering.

The Nyth on the other hand has hardly given me a moments trouble and being modular is great to set up how you'd like. I play a lot of WoW and use mine for raiding and as my daily driver. It's very comfortable to use for long periods but ymmv. Just be aware that the 3D printed buttons you can get for it from Shapeways are awful and look really crappy compared to the original buttons. This is however I believe a limitation of 3D printing. Using mine on a slamepad and it tracks like a champ and the feet are still going strong despite all the use it sees. :D

Best

Wulf

Cool cheers for this mate. I too play WoW, but mainly PvP so definitely need something reliable. How do you find accessing the 10, 11 and 12 buttons on the Nyph are they easier to reach than the Naga for example?

Associate
cr!spy;30489708 said:
Cool cheers for this mate. I too play WoW, but mainly PvP so definitely need something reliable. How do you find accessing the 10, 11 and 12 buttons on the Nyph are they easier to reach than the Naga for example?

Your welcome mate. :D.

I have my "oh ****" talents set to the back most keys like lay on hands, divine shield etc. You can also put larger buttons on so they're easier to hit in those heart stopping moments lol. Comes with a box full of different button sizes so you can tailor to your needs.

I used to love my Naga, but I can honestly say I'd hate going back to it now. Hope this helps.

Best

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom