Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200mhz not at rated speeds

Hi there, i got a 2 by 8GB kit of RAM for my b450 aorus elite and 2600x but when I activate xmp after about 20 minutes I get bluescreened when it runs at 3200mhz but when running at 2133mhz its perfectly fine. I thought about manually overclocking but not sure about it yet. Is there anything specific I need to alter myself when I turn on xmp?

Associate
OP
I updated the bios to F51 but theres an F52. I haven't downloaded F52 as it says "Update AMD AGESA ComboV1 1.0.0.6 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen XT series processors" so I assumed that was for if i was to put a 3rd gen ryzen in it.

I done research before hand and yeah i read that 2000 series could use 3000 but was easily able to also use 3200. How do i make it go to 3000 atleast instead of xmp jumping to 3200?

Soldato
Hi there, i got a 2 by 8GB kit of RAM for my b450 aorus elite and 2600x but when I activate xmp after about 20 minutes I get bluescreened when it runs at 3200mhz but when running at 2133mhz its perfectly fine. I thought about manually overclocking but not sure about it yet. Is there anything specific I need to alter myself when I turn on xmp?

I'd try putting the settings in manually and not use XMP. That's what I always do as I find XMP always misses something (not sure why). Have you checked the timings and voltages are all correct? I can get my 3200Mhz memory with my 2600X up to 3466Mhz. What memory do you have? Do Gigabyte list it as compatible (QVL) with the board?

Associate
OP
Its all good. My pc nearly went on fire last night so the ram issue is no longer an issue now. I turned my pc on and the cables for the argb fans lit up and sparked. I immediately turned it off at the wall. I got lucky it wasnt the full room. Hoping to get a refund for all the parts. Got the motherboard and ram sent back today waiting on confirmation for the rest. Not a good time as i had my university stuff on it and im going to be behind by about a month by the time i get a new system if i can get a new one. Fingers crossed.

I will say i am lucky and ectremely grateful no other damage was caused or that anyone got hurt. Was just really scary when theres more smoke than when you burn something in the oven and have to open the window. Ill keep you posted though and next time i get a system ill be sure to check the ram first haha. Thank you all for helping out.

Soldato
Its all good. My pc nearly went on fire last night so the ram issue is no longer an issue now. I turned my pc on and the cables for the argb fans lit up and sparked. I immediately turned it off at the wall. I got lucky it wasnt the full room. Hoping to get a refund for all the parts. Got the motherboard and ram sent back today waiting on confirmation for the rest. Not a good time as i had my university stuff on it and im going to be behind by about a month by the time i get a new system if i can get a new one. Fingers crossed.

I will say i am lucky and ectremely grateful no other damage was caused or that anyone got hurt. Was just really scary when theres more smoke than when you burn something in the oven and have to open the window. Ill keep you posted though and next time i get a system ill be sure to check the ram first haha. Thank you all for helping out.
Wow...

Back
Top Bottom