Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR 4 3000 MHz

Associate
I'm having some issues with my Gigabyte (@GIGA-Man) Z370 Gaming 7 and the Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3000 MHz RAM. First of all I am unable to change the colour of the RGB strip either through the corsair link software or the RGB fusion software. Secondly I am getting significantly lower than expected read and writes for the RAM using AIDA64.

Memory Read: 10829 MB/s (equivalent of DDR3-1333)
Memory Write: 10750 MB/s (equivalent of DDR3-2133)
Latency: 60.9 ns

Using AIDA64 5.92.4300

I have installed the most recent BIOS update F4a and activated the XMP profile for the RAM to increase the speed to 3000 MHz. I also have the issue that one of the light strips is not as bright as the other. I've tried placing the DIMMS into different sockets (1,3 and 2,4) and neither seem to have a difference on these issues.

Finally after updating the BIOS to F3 the RGB fusion on the board itself has stopped being responsive to any software outside of the BIOS, but upgrading to F4a hasn't solved this either.

Does anyone have any advice?

Associate
OP
A
Okay, I will report this ASAP and get back to you.

Also having issues communicating with the board on any version of the BIOS to control the RGB lighting within windows, although can create a static layout through the BIOS options. No control over the Corsair RAM as well. I’ve tried reinstalling the Intel ME driver, and will try a reinstall of the whole Gigabyte suite this evening.

Associate
OP
I've got the same memory but the 3333mhz version and board.

I can't get XMP enabled to boot at all. Yet its in the supported memory documentation in the 4x16 set.

I'm going to contact gigabyte as I think there is a bios problem.

Waso-dude is your RGB fusion working correctly with the RAM? (Or can Corsair link see it?)

Associate
OP
I have fully reinstalled the gigabyte suite and uninstalled and reinstalled the intel ME to ensure that it is able to communicate with the board, but unfortunately neither has made it so that the RGBs in either the board or the RAM can be addressed or changed. Also the RAM is not showing a serial number of date of manufacture.

Associate
OP
Hello Dr Delphi,

Sorry I have been away for a few days, okay for the RGB fusion software. Just to be clear none of the colours are changing or only the Corsair RAM will not change? Also we are looking into the memory and I have just noticed there seems to be a digit missing from the one you reported.

CMR16GX4M2C3000C1 should be CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 .... correct?

Hi @GIGA-Man thanks for getting back to me, it is that all the RGB will not change, including the RAM. I will attach the information and revision for the RAM to this post.

CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
DDR4 16GB(2x8GB) 3000MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35V ver 3.32

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is what I see when I am looking at the RGB fusion application, all the options for basic are greyed out, in advanced I can click but nothing changes on the board, and the RAM isn't seen as a peripheral. Clicking to turn off and turn on the RGB at the top isn't affecting the board either, and no intelligent aspects are working. Latest F4a BIOS and all firmware updates that the app center have asked for are installed.

jRbzUIe.png

Associate
OP
Brilliant thanks, let me know about the board as its not stopping me using the PC obviously, but a loss of the board for any period of time could really impact my work.

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man ok rebooted for a second time since installing the beta version and it worked for about 20 seconds, allowed me to change it once, and also controlled the lighting of the RAM, but now has stopped working again, even after another reboot.

Associate
OP
Hello Dr Delphi,

I have discussed this with my HQ, they has asked can you totally uninstall the RGB fusion software and try the 0919

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_grf_300series.zip

Simon, we are currently working to update the lists and there will be more very soon.

Hi Giga-Man,

That seems to have fixed the colours of the board, its still not fully talking to the RAM but does seem to be able to be selected at least in the options. There is now a noticeable hum as the colours are sent to the board before they change which is interesting. Thanks for all your help!

Associate
OP
Okay keep me updated if the hum persists, the BETA version is still being tweaked so there should be another new version soon. In regards to the memory read, write issues you were seeing we have done some testing and I have been passed a new BIOS for you to try. This is F4c, I have included the screen shots of the testing in the same folder for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi4rwo3b5eaf033/AAClgwwgd3pkkiR4vnDweB-Xa?dl=0

Thanks, I've just tested the new BIOS and definitely seems to be a significant improvement in RAM speeds:

8hks7cv.png

Much better, just still can't sync with the RAM LEDs though now - I've just tried changing the static colour, and its made the RAM in the first DIMM slot start flashing in the colour it was.

Associate
OP
Okay, I have been talking to my test guys again about your RGB woes. The have asked if you would do the following for them...

Try to update the EasyTune Service to the latest

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6WzjHBRvBLJRDN3ZTczRFF4MTQ/view?usp=sharing

If the issue is still there, please provide us the SPD_Dump.XML file, locate at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\SPD_Dump.XML

Thanks for your help @GIGA-Man this seems to have solved all the issues now and the RAM is changing with both the gigabyte tool and the corsair tool! I presume that when the next updates for the software come out these changes will have been rolled into them?

Back
Top Bottom