Cost of respray on bonnet

Associate
Hi All,

I have recently noticed that the bonnet on my 2011 Skoda Fabia has seemingly all of a sudden many stone chips over it, anyway I doubt any sort of chip removal will help so was wondering what sort of price I would be looking at for a bonnet respray?

Soldato
I'd have thought about £200-£250 maybe depending on how bad the chips are and whether they just decide to fill them with putty or take the whole panel back. They will need to blend it into the adjacent panels so its not just as simple as having a single panel repaired/resprayed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had my Honda Insight bonnet resprayed at the main dealer for £250 after getting a scratch down to the metal. Courtesy car provided for a couple of days too.

Soldato
Post some pics!

I've just used a chipex kit to do a few small chips on my CX-5 and it works surprisingly well, some of them are pretty much invisible, one is still noticeable when close up but very much less than having white primer shining through blue paint.

The chipex kit comprises some colour matched paint (mixed with lacquer), some blending solution, polish and some paint application sticks, you just daub a nice amount of paint into the chip as sloppily as you like, and the blending solution on a cloth gently rubbed over the surface lets you remove the excess until it's flush.

Associate
OP
ill see if i can get some good pics of it in some good light and post up, I have looked at getting a chipex kit but am worried that because there are so many and pretty close together then it would look very obvious.

Back
Top Bottom