** COUGAR PURITAS - DAT GLASS **

OcUK Staff
Available for preorder today we have the Cougar Puritas. The Puritas comes with no less than 4 separate tempered glass panels on the sides, front and top of the chassis. This gives you an impressive view of your system from nearly every angle. Added to that are 3 of Cougars Vortex Red LED fans in the front, along with room for 425mm VGA cards, 160mm CPU coolers along with up to 360mm radiators on the front/top of the case, along with a 240mm radiator next to the motherboard in certain configurations. You can even fit a pair of 120mm radiators at the rear & bottom of the chassis. The front I/O includes a fan controller that can control up to 7 fans, which is useful as the Puritas can support up to 10 x 120mm fans.

The Puritas will be available next week, and represents good value for money considering the feature set available.

Cougar Puritas Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black Tempered Glass @ £99.95 inc VAT

Midi tower for motherboards up to ATX, four tempered glass panels, up to 10 fans & 5 radiators possible, 3x 120mm LED fan pre-installed, 4x 2.5 "& 2x 3.5" / 2.5 "slots

Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Don't these case manufacturers know that it's a scientific fact that air doesn't flow through gaps of less than 2cm!!! when will they ever learn?! :D

In all seriousness though guys, it's different strokes for different folks. Of course this case doesn't have as much airflow as a similar size/spec case would with mesh panels instead of glass but it probably has more than enough for the target customers. We're probably talking a few degrees higher temperatures here & there, which isn't an issue for the majority of users.

It's not marketed as a high air flow chassis so it's a bit unfair to pick on it for that. It's like picking at a Fiat 500 because you can't fit your flat packed Ikea bookcase in the boot.

I actually quite like it, for me it's a step in the right direction, design-wise, for Cougar.

Soldato
Damn, I'm always on the hunt for a good looking cougar
here you go.

cougar-lkp.jpg

Associate
LOL - you guys should start your own comedy thread

BTW Cougar (the company, not the pic) do make some nicely designed stuff - I've got the Panzer tower case and am well chuffed with it (all panels are tooless removal for for cleaning) as well as the 700 keyboard & mouse - nice stuff at a resonable price :)

Back
Top Bottom