• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could AMD retreating to mid-range & Nvidia becoming out of affordability scope help optimization?

Soldato
As title, could the fact AMD is now focusing on mid-range cards at more "reasonable" price and Nvidia becoming more "premium" and out of scope of affordability for many in the higher end, as well as Nvidia focusing on A.I, could this create more demand on mid-range cards, lower performance improvements and as such mean to ensure progression as far as graphical quality goes there may be a need to focus on optimizing games more, and potentially be even more reliant on DLSS/FG (But that can only go so far).

Soldato
OP
It does puzzle me, APU's offer great performance per watt and thermals, look at the PS5/Series X, near 2080Ti APU. Look at the power of the handheld Ally in an APU (Z1 Extreme similar to current 8000 series it seems), surely an APU would offer much better price to performance and give a more simple, clean and smaller setup rather than the chonky GPU that weights near 3 bags of flour.

Soldato
OP
Well however many watts to compete with desktop cpu and GPUs of the same cost. A 7900xt is like 300w and then another 100w for cpu I think is ok if you're aiming for high end. The PS5 APU pulls 230-250w while gaming

PS5's TDP is 180W, that seems pretty good no? And with further generational improvements the performance would only go up with given wattage

Back
Top Bottom