could I RMA & how long would I have to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I bought the enermax liberty 500w PSU because because the description implied it would be ideal for someone living in a cave :rolleyes:

ahem, anyway, it makes this really high-pitched whining sound and I'm pretty sure it's also making this periodic low rumbling sound, like someone doing some religious chanting. I don't have a screw-driver atm in order to remove it from my case and see if it's making the rumbling sound but it's definitely the cause of the whine. Also, when I turn my computer off it sometimes makes this short pitched squeak like a mouse being stamped upon. so my first question is: is that sufficient grounds for an RMA or are sounds just something I have to deal with if the power supply actually works? I can't sleep with it on like I could my last cheapo PSU so I'm a bit miffed to have spent so much on it.

my second question is: if i can RMA it, how long do I have to do so? the first 28 days will be up this week I think but as I'm away at uni, I don't have the packaging or all the modular cables with me and won't be able to get them until around 5th may after my exams.

sorry if this breaks forum rules, it can be removed or whatever but I just wanted some indication of where I stand before I do anything. if anyone could help that would be great thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom