could this be the reason

Suspended
Hey guys, I just brought a new laptop (compaq presario v5000) and for some reason half the time i play videos, it lags and skips, but if i play the same vid from my external hd it plays fine.

I also read on a review of the v5000 that the hd spins quite slow, so is it possible that, that is the problem, its spinning too slow to read the video smoothly?

Suspended
joemorris86 said:
Hey guys, I just brought a new laptop (compaq presario v5000) and for some reason half the time i play videos, it lags and skips, but if i play the same vid from my external hd it plays fine.

I also read on a review of the v5000 that the hd spins quite slow, so is it possible that, that is the problem, its spinning too slow to read the video smoothly?

Is it HD material? I've played movies from 4200rpm HD - fine. Sounds like another problem. Benchmark your laptop HD, and check for bad sectors/clusters, then defragment.

Suspended
OP
the compaq live chat tech said it shouldn't be the hard disc, but i tried doing what he said and it didn't fix it.

what does Benchmark your laptop HD mean? oh, and how do i check for bad sectors.

I defraged yesturday with no luck :(

Associate
Very bizzare. Identify the drive manufacturer from the device manager or BIOS (probably Hitachi, Western Digital, Toshiba or Seagate) then download relevent diagnostic tools from the manufactuers website.

Back
Top Bottom