Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
This thread is for Counter-Strike Global Offensive, for Counter-Strike 2 go here instead: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/counter-strike-2.18969748/

The original thread for CS GO dates back over 4 years, due to this some of the information in the opening post is no longer valid + the OP is no longer active.

I don't think the game needs an introduction anymore :) The game is absolutely massive these days.

Server now down guy's due to lack of use. If anyone has links to their own let me know and I can add it on here.

Steam Group:

There is an OCUK CSGO group on steam if anyone fancies joining that, i’ll put any announcements on there as well as on this thread.

If anyone wants to add their own Server/Teamspeak to this list just let me know.

Google Doc's link for OCUK Players by rank:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n6ruDsC731Nind8UrZTY_bGzPAscnxb_tGd1VTmmTwA

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Server sounds good, I am having mixed results with MM, although I feel prime might be a little better. Still the odd waster ruining it for everyone. Will check it out, cheers.

Prime does help a bit but you will always get the trolls.

I had a few terrible games last night :( During one match 2 of the players refused to use anything other than Deagles, resulting in a pretty bad loss for us.

Ranked up to GNM but with those games I'd say one more loss and i'll derank again.

Hopefully we can fill the server this weekend :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Deagle only and a kill every round is ok but if he plays uncompetitively on purpose then that fits the definition of griefing I think

I ranked up on 3 wins out of my last 10 games. I think previous losses that were actually prior to their bans must explain that.
Send me an invite if Im online and you need one more

I think they were both smurfs tbh, but maybe not as good as they thought they were and when frustration set in it all just went to pot.

I'll add you this evening :)

Associate
OP
can anyone play on the server? I don't have any rank and gave on this game ages ago. But might give it a go again. I am not interested in rank or anything like that. Just want to play on a nice server with friendly people.

Anyone can play + the 1st **** that starts calling people noobs will be promptly kicked. I am hoping that everyone is up for some fun and if anyone is struggling some advice will be offered instead of the usual ridicule from match making.

You should get in some practice with bots though, every little helps. If anything it will help you familiarize with the maps. Maps we will probably play are dust 2, cache, overpass, cobble... Not sure what else.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cool!! Thanks MRKeeno.

Any particular time you play? or is it just most evenings?

I really just got the server so got it filled last weekend and hoping to do the same this weekend. I'll probably not be on myself until tomorrow evening but if anyone wants to jump on let me know what map you want and so on. You can also use the TS.

Associate
OP
Having a weird problem with clanforge. The 128 tick server seems to drop off the 'public' setting every now and again, resulting in the banner displaying a message saying the server is no longer available.

The only way I seem to be able to keep it public + keep the banner live is to default to the 64 tick server. I've submitted a ticket to multiplay but if anyone here has an idea about whats going on let me know.

Associate
OP
I will be on tonight - will keep an eye out for people joining the server as I don't fancy playing with bots only for hours on end!

I'll probably be on late, had a quick game last night and it was good fun, the reg feels much better than it does on MM servers for some reason - had me convinced it was running 128tick until I saw MrKeeno's post.

Think we should set a time so people are not sat playing bots, say 9 o'clock? I do notice even with the 64 tick server it still feels better than MM. It will be interested to see how the 128 feels.

Associate
OP
in net_graph it was still running at 64 tick. have you added the tick rate to the launch commands? its bee awhile since I setup a server as my clan used to have 1

Hmm, they said they had done all that. Tomorrow is another day, i'll get it sorted then.

Back
Top Bottom