Counter-Strike: Source - DEMO

Soldato
Hi im interested in this game but don't want to splash the cash if

1: i don't like it
2: my simple but cheap 3650 cant handle it.

Just wanted to give it a spin really but cant find a demo on Steam or anywhere

Xez

Xez

Associate
CS:S is so cheap now so it wont really be money lost. It's a good game i keep going back to it and playing it again and again. Your graphics card will handle it easily

Soldato
as above, it's so cheap now, do it :) Or if not buy a packl from valve that includes it, you can get some cracking bargains thats include the likes of CS, CS:S, hl2, hl2e1 and hl2e2 etc.

Associate
Get Half-Life 2: The Orange Box will make you busy for couple days/weeks and your graphics is fine for the source engine.

Soldato
This is true.

My old 9800 Pro (back in the day) used to run Half Life 2 decently, and even my X800 XT (once again from back in the day) ran Source fine at 1680x1050.

Soldato
Stay away from CS. Unless you have been playing FPS for a while now, CS is going to be too hard for you. You ain't gonna have fun if you're getting fragged every second. Pick an easier FPS game to get into to.

I tried CS back in 2005 for the first time and couldn't last 10 seconds without dying.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
agree with kn1ves and robert1986
not a good game to get into
why not try tf2? its not that demanding and is loads of fun imo

Caporegime
CSS is awfull!

If you want to be good at it, go buy 1.6 - thats much harder and will make CSS seem easy ;)

Amazing how all the old CS 1.6 "pro's" fail hard agaisnt even noobs in CSS though ;)

Still the games worth it, you'll waste hours on it, first month is a bitch though.

Soldato
well ive had css since launch back in 2004. i think its great and i still have it installed, its definatly one of those games you will buy and keep on playing. granted i dont play it everyday but every once in a while i feel the urge to play it.

to start off with i would keep to small deathmatch servers until you get used to the game, maps and aiming.

as for trying before you buy, ill see if i have a guest pass or something.

EDIT: sorry i dont have a guest pass for it, but isnt it just like £5 off steam?

oh and your card will handle it fine, granted your cpu is up to the task. (id say at least a low end dualcore for comfortable gaming).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom