Counterstrike : Tactical Intervention

HAz

HAz

Soldato
looks total fail tbh! but with the lack of money and experience compared to valve i don expect much from this game!
and yes i played cs from beta 5.2, i know what this guy did.

Soldato
looks total fail tbh! but with the lack of money and experience compared to valve i don expect much from this game!
and yes i played cs from beta 5.2, i know what this guy did.

The only better thing valve did was graphics and annoying physics

HAz

HAz

Soldato
The only better thing valve did was graphics and annoying physics
I agree i thought css was crap, it was the same old but without the custom content each update, without the community and without the care the cs devs put in!
All it was, was a graphics update and some poor ( really poor) annoying physics!

I cant see this new game, which has nothing to do with valve! being any good purely on the fact it looks so dated and hasn't the budget or experience valve had with css

Caporegime

You're saying that they are not making a game called tactical intervention?

Although the title is misleading as this has nothing to do with the counter strike IP, and only shares one programmer who from his comments hated counter strike and it's a community.

Soldato
Anyone who sytill looks at the popularity of the 1.6 servers knows this is going to have a big fanbase from the start. CSS (which I have enjoyed on occassion) is so full of dodginess that there is a real hankering for the days when CS was 'pure'. Looks like this guy is building on where he wanted to take the game before CSS. Looking forward to it here.

Caporegime
Anyone who sytill looks at the popularity of the 1.6 servers knows this is going to have a big fanbase from the start. .

except in the article he says the changes he wanted to make where disliked by the CS community that's why he never implemented them, so i doubt they will suddenly be in favour of them.

They will be up in arms about the nerfing of sniper rifles for a start.

Associate
Yeah read this earlier. On my radar :)

@Tefal - Pretty sure he said he couldnt touch CS anymore, because any minor change to that game would create an uproar, not that he tried and tested anything :). CS has gotten quite stale for me for years (dust after dust after dust.......), so hopefully this game should whip things up.

Will be interested to see how it goes. However I can't see it doing well unfortunately. Valve are reportedly planning a CS2 anyway and because they own the Intellectual property, ie the Counterstrike name, they will more likely succeed than TI will.

To be honest though, any changes made to cs that means the "pros" aren't good at the new one will mean it will get slated, whether the hit reg/netcode etc really is good or not.

Associate
Im excited about this :)

I played CS since beta 1 and also Action Quake 2 before that, that this guy also designed.

Im just hoping this has iron sights as that is the one problem I had with Counter Strike.

Associate
Can't view the link as at work but I never thought I would actually quit CS, played is constantly since 1999 till 2008 and can't believe I've actually quit now, not played in months and I haven't had the urge to play it either, for some reason I could never quite get in to or enjoy CSS to the same level of fun I had with CS.

Miss the scrims! Miss the maps! (Nuke, Train, Dust 2, Inferno.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom