Counting Teslas

Associate
We recently had a night and day away at Chessington World of Adventures never been before. My 8 year old son is obsessed with Teslas so i decided to make a game of it, like in the old days before kids had screen etc for trips. To have him count how many Teslas we would see, from Norwich to chessington. We all had a guess on how many.

On the trip down there, my wife guessed 28, daughter 35, son 50 and myself 100. We saw a total of 97, my wife couldn’t believe how many we saw :cry:. On the return journey the everyone adjusted their guesses, to 80, 95, 100 and 110. The return trip we saw a total of 123.

Honestly I couldn’t believe getting my kids to count cars whilst driving would work. They hardly spent anytime on their pads or DSs.

That's great.

We used to count, so every time we overtook a car that was +1 and every time we got overtaken that was -1, and we'd see how high a number we could get.

I reckon it made my dad get us there a bit faster as well.

We used to play a similar game with my parents when driving to Newquay. You'd get bonus points (or sweets!) if you spotted another "Us" while driving. I'm sad, but I still say this to my girlfriend now! :cry: "Oh look, there's an us" or if it's exactly the same colour and model, it's an "Us Us!"

It drives her crazy! And I'm not sure why but I still remember the plate from when I was about 8 or so, C493 JWE, a blue Vauxhall Cavalier. :)

We used to play a similar game with my parents when driving to Newquay. You'd get bonus points (or sweets!) if you spotted another "Us" while driving. I'm sad, but I still say this to my girlfriend now! :cry: "Oh look, there's an us" or if it's exactly the same colour and model, it's an "Us Us!"

It drives her crazy! And I'm not sure why but I still remember the plate from when I was about 8 or so, C493 JWE, a blue Vauxhall Cavalier. :)
When I was a kid we use to play Spot the new number plate, when they use to once a year. But that would only work for the first month.

Hardly surprising when you consider the tax-free schemes companies were taking advantage of, which pretty much meant any company car consisting of a Tesla.

Hardly surprising when you consider the tax-free schemes companies were taking advantage of, which pretty much meant any company car consisting of a Tesla.
I totally agree, hence why I had a higher guess than the rest of my family.

When I was a kid we use to play Spot the new number plate, when they use to once a year. But that would only work for the first month.
That's the one we used to play as well, I couldn't remember what else we did! Spot the colour, find an us, spot the new reg etc. Not sure we had that many games to play on the 6 to 8 hour car journey!

Pub cricket, it was all about pub cricket, and you got points for legs in the pub names on your side of the road. It didn't take us long to learn that if we were going to see a particular uncle, we should sit on the right so we'd get the Coach and Horses whereas if you sat on the left, you got King Harold's Head.

I rarely see any Teslas on my trips - did a fairly long run for work the other day and saw one Leaf as I was leaving where I live, a Polestar and a few IONIQs and that was about it for EVs.

Back
Top Bottom