Couple of laptop/Power related questions

Soldato
We're setting up a few new Sony Vaio laptop's for various people within the company.
We've got a couple that we're working on right now that when coming out of Hibernation are not prompting for a password.
On all of the laptop's that I remember setting up if you allow the laptop to hibernate or manually hibernate it, once you wake it up you get the standard:

"This workstation is in use and has been locked by...." message.
However on the Vaio S5's we've setup today they seem to come out of hibernation and straight onto the desktop - is this a manual setting we can play with?

Also I remember a long time ago with "suspend to disk" where partitions were created so that your laptop could suspend to HD as the battery was running out.
Problems would occur when the suspend partition was say 256MB and you upgraded the RAM on a laptop to say 512MB.
This was a long time ago - am I right in assuming all that suspend to disk fun & games is very much a thing of the past?

Ta

Soldato
OP
ns400r said:
Right-click on a blank space of desktop>Properties(menu option) > Screensaver(tab) > Power(button) > Advanced(tab) > Check the option "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" > click OK.

Excellent - should have known to check there.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom