Couple of queries

Associate
Hi Guys,

I've got a couple of questions for you.

Ant's having (Wanton) having problems getting his 56k (don't ask) creative labs modem to connect to the internet via AOL dial up (I know, I know). When dialing to retrieve access numbers the modem dials out but hangs when connected and he is told either that the modem timed out or that the network failed to respond correctly. He has installed the XP drivers for the modem and as far as he's aware it's working correctly. Is there any way that he can ascertain if there is any problem with the modem. There are no conflicts in the hardware manager nor any sharing violations.

He's contemplating getting either a 10,000 rpm raptor SATA harddrive or a SATA-II harddrive as his boot drive. Would you care to suggest a particular brand and the most viable and cost effective capacity. And wether a Raptor would be worth the additional damage to his wallet.

Current rig is:
AMD X2 3800+ Manchester core
ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Radeon X1900 XT
2 x 1Gb G.Skill PC3200
Creative Labs V.92 modem (COM 4)
ATGBWDC 8Mb + Samsung Spin Point 160Gb (on IBE)

Thanks very much indeed,

Gubbins

Last edited:
Bumpification. Cheers babes ;)

I know the machine will boot quickly, that's why I want the raptor, I'm just trying to weigh up the pros and cons, and ascertain what other benefits I'll see.

Cheers for any help,
Ant :cool:

Back
Top Bottom