Covers better than originals

Soldato
Everybody has their own taste when it comes to music and sometimes in life i stumble upon cover songs that blow me away, even when i have no particular interest in the original artist. It doesn't have to be a massively different interpretation, but sometimes a cover can just smooth other the edges in an original artists work.

The biggest example of this for me is Adele, whos songs are brilliantly written but i just can't get on with her rough voice. The All Ways absolutely kill Rolling in the Deep.

Next up, Don Henley's Boys of Summer. A great song but tired, bring on Ataris, and for some double irony a drum cover of a cover.

I came accross this next one only recently. I can't stand kate bush and the inclusion of ear piercing Wuthering Heights on every christmas album, but this Angra cover blows me away.

A millions miles from my typical interests, Rhinnas Umbrella, and McFly - also a million miles from my interests, totally rocking it

Thats enough from me, so over to you. What covers do you prefere to the original. Link both the original artist and cover here.

Back
Top Bottom