CPU block for Intel 10700k

Man of Honour
I've currently got a Phanteks Glacier C360i and it's crap, CPU temperatures are constantly 15-30 degrees higher than my GPU in the same loop and it'll easily hit 100 degrees running small FTT in Prime. I've re-applied paste, refitted the block and nothing seems to work, so I'm guessing it's just poorly designed or has a fault.

I used to always get EK blocks, but I'm willing to try something else. Any recommendations for Intel 10th gen please?

Soldato
Hmm, something not right there then. When you dismount the block to reapply paste how was the coverage on the block? Was it an even distribution?Is there any possibility it's hitting another component around the socket?

The block doesn't look particularly advanced but it should be capable of cooling reasonably well. Differences between blocks tend to be quite low. A Feb '19 test here showed single digits of difference between blocks.

I know this won't be true but I have to ask: you definitely removed the plastic protective on the block? :D

Man of Honour
OP
Haha, yes plastic has been removed. I don't understand why it's so poor, I used a Phanteks block on a 3960X without any heat issues so I'm not sure why it can't cool an 8 core Intel CPU. I'll double check everything again today. Good paste spread when I take it off, but it does kind of feel like the block isn't making decent contact with the IHS of the CPU.

Man of Honour
OP
with the system running and under load, what happens if you gently push the middle of the block? And I mean gently! if temps drop, then maybe the block pressure could be higher.
I'll give it a go this evening probably, currently the PSU is out as that's recently found to be faulty. Not having much luck!

Back
Top Bottom