CPU, M/B and RAM Upgrade

Associate
Hey all,

I've been looking into upgrading my PC several times over the past few years and now I've finally some spare cash to upgrade my system. My current spec is in my sig. I want to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and ram to a new generation platform. I'll be running games like The Witcher 3, Overwatch, ESO, Dragon Age Inquisitions and Fallout 4 at 1080p and would like to get a boost as some of these games currently pin my CPU to 100%. I've got around £300 to spend, the only requirement I have is that the motherboard needs to have an old PCI slot as I have a firewire 400 card that I need for my audio interface.

Thanks for your time!

Had a go now that I'm back home and came up with this.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £277.97
(includes shipping: £0.00)

This totals at 277, are there any changes I can make with the remaining 23 pounds that would make a difference or should I just buy a pack of beer to build with? :D

As mentioned above, memory will kill performance
Also 1300x- just above price limit - selected not because it's the X chip as the 1200 will overclock the same, the 1300 has a larger cashe if I remember correctly

Total: £316.97

Wraith spire cooler is also included with this X chip

If not

Go for the faster ram and Strix board instead of the Prime, we know this board works and up to 3333hz on some memory

Total: £306.93

How significant is the difference in performance from RAM? I always thought speed was negligible?

Both of the motherboards above lack an old PCI slot which I do need however, are there any with good RAM support that have one?

3200/3000 no real difference as they are the sweet spot for gaming , I've found rendering though, small difference which over 2 days + of rendering does make some difference .
Both have good ram , but it's not just the board and ram stick that makes a difference, also luck of the CPU die when over clocking .

Back
Top Bottom