• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

cpu mem controller?

Soldato
right, so, 2 motherboards later it comes to my atention it might not me the mobo or ram's fault nothing ever works..

My cu has 2 bent pins, and was working perfectly fine. But could these 2 pins be the cause of my woes? (It was working for sometime after the pins bent but then suddenly the slots stopped working)

The woes: ram slots 1 and 2 dont work, on one 100% stable mobo and 1 brand new mobo. Now after asus sent me a bios update for the brand new board the rig could see 3 sticks, but only use 2 (stupid asus boards) but still wouldnt boot from dimm 1 or 2. (or 1/3) only 3,4.

So, if it does it today with this second hand mobo (100% woking) i'll go testmy mates cpu in it I spose.

It's interesting and something I never considered for like, 3 months.

Just keeping myself updated really. And wondering if i have to fork out for a second hand cpu now -.-

Soldato
OP
I'm scared too!
Ones at a total 90 degree bend, flush against the underside and one looks like itll snap off. I spose ill giveit ago as its sat on my bed atm.
But could it be this causing the troubles?

Soldato
OP
same memory error beeps i got last time \o.

Ahh well, ill test my mates cpu tomorrow then buy accordingly I suppose. Or try and fix mine without it snapping. Cheers for your help mate

Soldato
OP
Ram in slot 1 and 3 and I thankyou so so much! :D
now to test 4 sticks!

And we have a winner. Very nice to see "2048 out of 2048 useable" again :) I thank you for pushing me to unbend the pins. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom