• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU Need new Thermal Paste? What Benchmarks Programme to use?

Associate
I have;
5900x With a H100i elite AIO Cooler
3090 Suprim X

HWInfo is showing 91c CCD #0
Other programme Is showing 87c CCD1

This is whilst playing Beyond Human at 4k
Also Graphics card shows over 100c on the Tcore this is a Suprim X (but prob for another area)

Anyhow, I am running the CPU on stock thermal paste. I have had the PC around 2 years, but worried if the temps are high?
I have iCue running and all settings are stock. I believe the PC mag overclock as showing the boost Max at 4.8ghz and voltage 1.488

I'm thinking if it's worth taking off the AIO and reapplying g the thermal paste with some MX6. Would this resolve the temps?

Are my temps high or normal for this CPU?
Could the 3090 Suprim X be causing my CPU to overheat with the passing of heat being dragged through the top of my case?

What would be a good programme to use that I could use to run, record temps and then repeat when new thermal paste is supplied?

Thanks in advance and sorry if too much info provided. I was just hoping this may help get some clarity as haven't messed around with PC settings in a long time.

Sounds high.

Is your AIO pump making a grinding noise?

I’d definitely reapply thermal paste and check that it’s seated properly.

A 5900X isn’t a hot running CPU so there’s something wrong.
No, don't notice anything untoward. Though the fans do kick in.
When I come.out of games, it seeks to be still ramped up and sometimes doesn't even bother dropping the fan speed back down.

No, they're not normal for gaming.

It would play a role, sure, but unlikely to be the culprit, your case would need major airflow problems.

You're using it already.
The programme I meant, is there something recommended to run alongside the temp monitor.
Would something like Future mark be worthwhile, or is there something else I can run so I can record temps.
Then run exactly same again and check temps again to compare?

Does your case have decent airflow. Do you have a fan in the top at the rear of your case extracting the hot air.
I have the Corsair 4000x icue case.
So that has 3 120mm fans on the front pulling in.
I then have the AIO at the top pushing air out through the top and a 120mm fan at the back pulling air out of the case too.
I have this with a 3090 inside.
It is underneath my glass PC Desk, on the shelf, so has around 15ck gap between tip.and the glass desk top. It does get warm in that gap, but pressume it was the Graphics Card causing all the heat.

Back
Top Bottom