• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU/platform upgrade from i5 3570k

Associate
Currently using an i5 3570k 4Ghz, z77 itx, 8GB, and a 3070 FE.

I am seeing CPU limitations now specially on Bluestacks emulator and the 3070 being underutilized. Now with Black friday deals approaching I am thinking of an upgrade.

Budget is around £300 for cpu, board, and ram. Cheaper is better.

All my research/googling is leading to ryzen 3600, a B450/B550, and 16g/32g of ram. Are there anything I am missing?

I rarely upgrade cpu as you can see with my current cpu.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Im fine waiting 2-3 months specially if it will be big benefit / lower cost. The slow down im experiencing are noticeable but not game breaking.

Im the same Skeeter, rewiring everything again is a pain. Plus it has been stable for its lifetime so far which is a blessing and curse (no reason to upgrade lol)

Associate
OP
Is this a fair summary? Ive been thinking about it more leaning towards the all out option seeing how my i5 lasted. Maybe going top tier will last longer (could be false economy)?

Go used with bang for buck with ryzen 3600 or maybe intel 10 gen
Go new and mid range with alderlakes/rocketlake i5s and ryzen 5s
Go all out with i7 / ryzen 7 3d cache

Associate
OP
No BF deals still catching my eyes. Might have to stick longer with my setup.

For cooling I use the Freezer 34 esports duo. Thankfully Arctic is suppling free brackets if there is proof of purchase of alderlakes

Back
Top Bottom