CPU Temperature range

Associate
I have installed a GPU in my pc ,but not being that familiar with the tech found out it was a bit to powerful for my I5 4th gen,and it was running at 70-75 deg when monitoring it.
Also the GPU got to 80 deg,although I understand a gtx1650 can do that when i watched a build on you tube.
I originally downloaded my Gpu driver from MSI but it did not seem to have the 'limit FPS' capability,so I found a new driver on Geo Force website and managed to cap my FPS.
After this CPU usage dropped to 80% and temperature to 55-65 deg and the GPU 55 TO 65 deg.
What are normal operating temperatures of CPU'S AND GPU's without causing short life time of components in my system

Associate
OP
To be honest its just a bog standard dell sff 7020,the processor was an I3 NOW ITS AN I5 4590.Since buying the CPU i have found out there are more energy efficient chips available
i USED HY510 thermal paste when I fitted the new CPU,i don't know if that product is recommended at all.
I believe there is an up-rated cooler called G8CNY that you normally use if you have an I7 chip.
I have searched my pc and there is no option to change the fan settings that I can find,so I am totally in the dark on that.
I don't have big bucks to blow on hardware so it was only a budget build.

Associate
OP
oK Guys thanks for the advice,
As the pc I have is stretched to the limit to do gaming I am stuck with temperatures at the high end of what is acceptable,
I just wanted to check i was not damaging my components.Which someone has stated I am OK here.
I can prop the case door open a few cm or do you advise against this,as it does knock 10deg of the temperature

Associate
OP
Ok thats a big help this whole Tech thing can totally bamboozle you.
I know my rig is a bit naff if I had a more purpose lower or mid range Gaming pc what % usage would my cpu run at on World of Tanks OR CS GO,which I understand are not high requirement system games.

Back
Top Bottom