Crash: Citroen ZX vs Vauxhall Frontera!

Caporegime
A little late in posting this, but to be fair we were more bothered about making sure Sally (the owner of the ZX) was ok and that we had sorted out her car/insurance etc than actually posting about it on a forum.

A little background: We (5 of us, 2 cars) were on a camping holiday in Abersoch the weekend just gone, Sally and Ste had gone down to the sea to go kayaking, whilst the remaining 3 of us were at the campsite organising a little lunch.

Ste and Sally (Sally driving) were on their way back up to the campsite, quite happily minding their own business when they are approaching a section of road with a road leading off to the left (they were going straight on, and as such had total right of way).

Sally and Ste were now exactly in front of the junction, when suddenly a nice large Vauxhall frontera decides that it is coming out of the junction regardless, sideswiping the ZX, spinning it anticlockwise into a banking (almost, but not quite rolling over), then coming to a rest facing 270º different to the direction they were headding.

After being called down to come help (they were 30 seconds down the road - gutted!), the car was moved off the road, and I got some pictures (mainly for insurance purposes should they be needed):

Click for bigger!

Caporegime
OP
And this was the outcome for the Frontera:

The biggest issue for Ste however, was the state of his chocolate muffin!

Fortunately, we have an independant witness, and the Frontera driver has accepted full liability so things are actually proceding quickly on the insurance front :)

Caporegime
OP
Siliconslave said:
glad everyone (bar the muffin) is alright - but i have to ask what the hell are you doing on forums, its your bloody holiday! your supposed to be relaxing ;)

Holiday was tail end of last week, until Tuesday ;)

As for the dictaphone, I use my pda for that!

Caporegime
OP
No the holiday went pretty smoothy considering. We did need to get someone to drive out to wales to help cart stuff home again, but it wasn't too much hassle.

Only real injuries were a few small cuts from the window that smashed inwards into the cabin, and a couple of stiff necks. As said by people already, it could have been worse, at least no-one was seriously injured. Even so, an ambulance still showed up before the police did I might add).

Caporegime
OP
I thought I could leave this thread dead and burried, but oh no, council estate scum have proven me wrong. The car had been left waiting for the insurers to arrive (tomorrow, Monday 14th August), and thus had been absolutely fine for two weeks, unmolested.

Today, we recieve a phone call saying that the car was on fire, the fire brigade were on their way, and that we needed to get there to have a word with the police. :rolleyes: What a great way to start a Sunday.

Turns out the same two names kept cropping up around people who claim to have witnessed people running from the scene. Unsurprisingly, the same two names also popped up as definates for stealing 3 boxes of Co-Op firelighters just minutes earlier, and literally 100 yards round the corner :rolleyes:

Pic1
Pic1

Caporegime
OP
Durzel said:
Looks like you live in a really crap area, no offence.

I've left my car unlocked with the windows down before (by accident) and never had any problems where I live.

No offence taken, I don't live in a crap area, this is my mates girlfriend's car, and unfortunately she does live next to a rough area :(

Back
Top Bottom