crashed my car on the a30 :-( how to handle?

Associate
Hi

Yesterday on the A30 I was on my way to Truro, notice infront 4 cars had pulled over on the hard shoulder as 2 cars had gone over the bank. Both lanes infront of me had been blocked by over cars avoiding the parked cars. At the time there was freak hailstorm, I was doing about 60mph but due to the road conditions I had no grip to slow down... I managed to steer towards the hard shoulder to avoid hitting anyone and went into a ditch doing a nice flip and a roll :(

My car was a tdci mk3 mondeo. It's a complete write off. Me, 25 week pregnant girlfriend and my 1 and half year old son are fine but shaken up. So very happy how the car handled the crash. Cars can be replaced but my family cant.

My question is how do I handle this with my insurance company?

I didn't hit anyone or damage any property and due to my excess and what the car is worth it don't see the point in losing my 5 yrs no claims over a couple hundred. The police have the accident recorded but I am ensure if I need to report the accident to my insurer anyway since I will be paying for everything out my own pocket?

Anyone have any advise please

Associate
OP
Yes the car has been recovered so ill pay the cost for that.

Any ideas how much of an effect a accident will have on future insurance quotes?

Thanks for the advance :)

Back
Top Bottom