Crashing problems

Associate
Hi,my computer crashes every time I try and load up a game. It goes through all the intro screens but when I reach actaul gameplay it crashes. Have tried numerous games with no luck. When I say crashes what happens is that the screen goes dark like its no longer getting a signal from the graphics card but the computer stays on. Have to hold down the on/off button to restart it.

Spec is:

XP2500+ @ stock
A7N8X Deluxe
6800 LE AGP @ stock
1gb pc 3200 ram @ 200fsb

Have tried underclocking the cpu and gpu with no luck, same thing still happens. Please help!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Possible causes.
Firstly when did it last run ok and have you updated anything recently or noticed any other anomolys.
If not then here is my 10 cents.

1.Dodgey Drivers or other driver issues.
2.Heat Issues.
3.Faulty or insufficient power.
4.Spyware.
5.Virus.

remedies.

1. Strip out GFX drivers use driver cleaner then reinstal using Recommended drivers. Not always the latest. Search the GFX forums for the best NVid drivers as i am ATi.

2. Download MBM5 and monitor temps. Run with sice cover off case. Tidy inside your case and improve air flow.

3. Use MBM5 to check your power rails. If you need 12v you need 12v.

4. Download Spybot S&D run it. Download Ad-Aware SE run it.

5. Update AV run it. Also check running process 1 by 1 for any strange unnaccountable processor usage.

Also when you say all of your games what games are they and are there any that run at all.

I think its a driver issue tbh but its hard to tell from here and with limited info.
Hope it helps but i must say providing more info will help the helpers.

Also switch off unplug the monitor from your system check the pins for damage and dust blow them out and plug back in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom