Crazy Tesco Car Park Incident

Soldato

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...shop-thieves-SMASHING-way-Tesco-car-park.html

I saw this this morning on Twitter. The link didn't give any context, so it was actually kind of horrifying to watch this mad crowd attacking a couple in the blue car. Apparently they were trying to steal booze, but even so I don't get why a car park full of bystanders decided to go full on vigilante.

EDIT: Read into it a bit more, the car hit two people when the driver was attempting to flee the store. That's when the crowd tried to stop them. Still kinda scary to watch, though at least it makes a bit more sense now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't help but think that the people intervening made matters worse.
had they of not attacked them then I don't think the person(s) injured from them flying of the car park would have happened, so even tho they are seen as doing good , they did contribute towards it happening. same goes for all the damage to all the other cars

Man of Honour
had they of not attacked them then I don't think the person(s) injured from them flying of the car park would have happened, so even tho they are seen as doing good , they did contribute towards it happening. same goes for all the damage to all the other cars
Yes. Plus all the other cars damaged as they tried to escape. I know they meant well and I can see why they intervened. But when it started going south they should have backed off and gathered as much evidence as possible for the police.

Soldato
Mob mentality is getting worse and worse every day. I don't see it being long before someone's accused of something and strung up by a braying crowd.

Associate
We were there for the end of the incident . The driver deliberately ran someone over - he would ( quite rightly) have got a proper doing over if they had got him.

Caporegime
Ok if I had attempted to shop lift, got caught, told off, whatever. If then an angry armed mob was trying to rip me from my car...... No **** would I defencivley drive like a devil.

What on earth is going through all their minds?
Interesting read when everyone is arrested aand testified.

Man of Honour
We were there for the end of the incident . The driver deliberately ran someone over - he would ( quite rightly) have got a proper doing over if they had got him.
Was that before the mob tried to stop them or at the end? If it was at then end then I can actually understand it a little bit; if a mob wee smashing my car up and trying to drag me out then I'd probably drive through them too. He may be able to argue that he was genuinely scared for his life and it was a justifiable action. I don't necessarily agree that his life was in danger but I can see that his legal defense may use that.

Back
Top Bottom