Creaky joints

Soldato
Who's got 'em?

My knees creak audibly, if I'm on my knees doing DIY I can hear them resonating through the floorboards. Sometimes if it's quiet I can feel/hear my neck and elbows do it too.

A bit of research tells me it's not a signifier of bad health and may just be like that forever without a problem... But it's pretty disconcerting hearing yourself creak out loud!

For context I'm 31 and they've done it at least 7-8 years. I used to whinge about having "bad knees" when I was 18 in winter and blame skateboarding. Is it just me?

Soldato
OP
Is it a creak or pop?

My knees pop pretty gnarly when I do squats. Always makes me think they're going to explode but they've never done it yet!
Just creaky joints or can you hear tendons twang as well?

I started getting this in my 40s and found high-dose glucosamine sulphate + condition supplements worked a treat.
Mostly dry creaking, with pops if I do squats/occasionally while getting out of bed etc. What do tendons twanging sound like?!

Skateboarders used to recommend Glucosamine Sulphate, I've considered it but TBF it doesn't hurt very often. Just don't know if I'm on the road to knackered joints!

WD40 won't work, it's not really a lube. Needs to be 3-in-1 oil
This. Poor show @Diddums :mad:

Back
Top Bottom