Creating a website/forum

Soldato
Hey all,

I’m looking to create a website/blog/forum for a certain niche (not pc related, don’t worry mods! :p), and not having done anything similar (apart from creating a pretty successful Shopify store for work) since I was about 15 years old, I’m a little bit lost!

I’ve purchased a few domains, am I right in thinking the next step is getting a webhost and installed a “forum software” like phpbb or similar onto said website and linking the domain?

I slowly working my way through Codecademys web development course, but can remember installing a forum on a webhost many many years ago without any real knowledge but my brain is slowly than it was 15 years ago :(

Any advice or links to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies guys, i'll have a look :)

Forums are pretty much dead though, are you sure you want to?

This niche is extremely community driven and always comes with loads of questions and I just can't find a forum related to it anywhere, most of the info is in youtube or forum posts which just tend to be a nightmare to search/locate and useful information.

I'm only really doing it for fun so if it doesn't take off it doesn't matter too much :)

Back
Top Bottom