Creating a website to advertise a company

Soldato
Afternoon folks,

My father has presented me with the task of creating a website to advertise his company. It need only be basic, e.g. services provided, prices of services, location and a few other bits here and there. It doesn't even require any links to other pages, just a very basic page is all that is required (maybe a photo or two to accompany the page would be helpful).

He is under the impression that I know how to create a website when, in actual fact, I do not. I've created a couple of forums but only through a forum building website. So a VERY limited idea of HTML coding.

Can I please be pointed in the best direction to start me off creating such a website? And the easiest and cheapest way possible?

Many thanks for any help provided.

its not the fact of how many pages, its the fact that he doesnt know how to make a page in anything else

once wordpress is set up (which someone can proablly help him with)

its then very easy to use

but i do see your point. which is why i said it was just one way to go

It might be a good idea to think about a proper website tbh - there's almost no point in investing any time and money into a one-pager because no-one will visit it and it won't convert.

Can website building be "easily" self taught? As mentioned previously, I am not wishing to create anything spectacular or become the next Mark Zuckerberg (unfortunately).

Depends if you're building from scratch or off the back of a CMS like WordPress. Either can be self taught, but WordPress is the easier option once you learn a few tips and tricks.

Back
Top Bottom