Creating an online course..

Associate
Hi all,

Actually it doesn't have to be online just on a computer. As a project I want to help a tutor (to save paper) put all her theory onto a computer as opposed to printing endless volumes of paper.

Now I am reasonably (but by no means an expert) familiar with creating web pages. I know it can be done this way with a Next button to go to the next page or whatever.

However, it would be an idea to be able to create something more substantial:
  • Once logged in the can see what sections they have read and where to continue from
  • A series of questions relating to theory. (multiple choice/ true false etc)
  • Once all questions complete, it shows result and where they went wrong.
  • Displays a list of attempts, results with dates etc
  • Links to printable exercises for essay type answers

I am assuming this can be done with php. I don't have any knowledge of this but I think this would be an excellent project for myself to be able to create this from the ground up.

Would it require a database? or just a text file like a presume the Driver Theory Test disks use?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

In my limited experience of moodle in college I got the impression it just provides links to word documents etc rather than actually displaying the content?

Soldato
I looked at Moodle last year to improve our training at work, seemed to offer wiki, lessons, quizes, test scores etc. Much more than just linking to word docs. Definitely worth having a look again.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom