Critique my (first) website

Soldato
Hi guys, i was just wondering if i could get some input on my website.

I have no experience of HTML or CSS so i had to do a course and this is what i come up with so far.

I thought it best to learn how to do it myself rather than use a template or pay someone, that way i can change stuff in the future.

Im still working on content, but i think the layout is ok?

Any input is most appreciated:)

http://www.heatcollector.co.uk

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback AHarvey, if you refresh now i hope to have eased your OCD! :D

A testimonial page is a great idea; i will put one together today.
The most important thing is showing people how much they will save/make back, so im just trying to figure out the best way to show it.

At the moment im trying to learn some very basic Java script so i can put together a form that people will be able to input how much per year they spend on heating, which will then show how much they would save by having the various types of heat pumps and most importantly how much the government pay you back to have it! :D

Im really enjoying learning HTML, its great to see how things work and ive found myself looking at bits of code and stylesheets on all the regular sites i visit.

Soldato
OP
Thank you for the feed back guys, it seems the email buttons are very unpopular! lol im just changing them now.

I didnt notice how the buttons on the services page changed to the same colour as the button on hover! i better change that to.

Ive removed the google form on the contact us page, it does look really tacky, just gone for the address and phone number for the moment.

The iframe on the RHI page is only temporary at the moment, in the end this is the most vital page of the site because it shows how much people can save. At the moment i am unsure of how to actually implement what i need, i just downloaded some software that would convert a excel spreadsheet into an embeddable html doc, the calculations are correct but i need to learn how to turn this into java or a more suitable solution?

I really appreciate your feedback, its hard to start from scratch and i keep forgetting bits and pieces and methods, but really enjoying learning how to code:)

Soldato
OP
Im going to have a go at that tomorrow because the RHI form is currently in a bit of a state! i tried to edit the style sheet that it outputted and managed to ruin it lol, i overwrote the edited one with the original and it hasn't reverted to normal whoops :D

Soldato
OP
I started again! I was having trouble adding more pages because the layout was pretty compact and was hard to add a menu so i went down the template route.

Ive chopped and changed the template to come up with something that suits.

Now the problem i have is attracting customers! my ranking on the search sites is really bad so i have had to pay for google ads and bing ads. Turns out they aren't cheap!

I would appreciate it if someone could have a look at the new site and give me some feed back? its hard when your looking at it yourself all the time to see what needs to be done!

http://www.heatcollector.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom