Crucial Advanced RMA

Associate
Just wanted to give an account of my experience, since you mostly only hear about this stuff when ***** gone **** up.

So my 16gb Ballistix Sport had been acting up for a few months, throwing at me the odd BSOD here and there. Funnily enough these episodes started after my win 10 upgrade, so naturally I blamed it on that because of the integral hate I had for the OS. Dont get me wrong, the OS is fine, is just the constant updates, but even worse the forced restarts that accompany it. While I appreciate updates dont go jamming it down our throats.

Anyway, back to the RAM. So I would get the mem management error frequently, run the usual troubleshooting and it'll come back fine, carry on as normal. But then one day I decided to pop my sticks in another system for fun, plugged one in and said you know what, might as well test them one at a time while I'm at it, lo and behold, one of my stufks was dead, wouldn't even boot up the system, don't know how my own system ignored the dead stick for so long.

Contacted crucial, asked for advanced RMA, paid for cross shipping, quickly received my new RAM stick all well and good, no hassle. 10/10 would recommend.

Just wanted to give an account of my experience, since you mostly only hear about this stuff when ***** gone **** up.

So my 16gb Ballistix Sport had been acting up for a few months, throwing at me the odd BSOD here and there. Funnily enough these episodes started after my win 10 upgrade, so naturally I blamed it on that because of the integral hate I had for the OS. Dont get me wrong, the OS is fine, is just the constant updates, but even worse the forced restarts that accompany it. While I appreciate updates dont go jamming it down our throats.

Anyway, back to the RAM. So I would get the mem management error frequently, run the usual troubleshooting and it'll come back fine, carry on as normal. But then one day I decided to pop my sticks in another system for fun, plugged one in and said you know what, might as well test them one at a time while I'm at it, lo and behold, one of my stufks was dead, wouldn't even boot up the system, don't know how my own system ignored the dead stick for so long.

Contacted crucial, asked for advanced RMA, paid for cross shipping, quickly received my new RAM stick all well and good, no hassle. 10/10 would recommend.

Interesting to read and quite promising.
I have only RMA's two items.
One went smoothly one was horrendous (******) - I will never buy from them again

Just as it happens, I'm in the exact same position as you. Ungraded to new version of windows then all of a sudden my system became very unstable. I blamed it on windows too at the start, then today i did a memtest86, and after 100,000 errors i guessed my RAM might be the problem. Removed my ram sticks 1 by 1 and now i think I've found the culprit. Few questions for, as I'll be RMA'ing with corsair too.

1) only 1 of my stick looks to be faulty. Will have have to send the whole set back(4x4gb sticks)
2) what was the turn around time?

My main problem now is, if i have to send them all back i'll have no RAM to replace it with in the mean time.

Just as it happens, I'm in the exact same position as you. Ungraded to new version of windows then all of a sudden my system became very unstable. I blamed it on windows too at the start, then today i did a memtest86, and after 100,000 errors i guessed my RAM might be the problem. Removed my ram sticks 1 by 1 and now i think I've found the culprit. Few questions for, as I'll be RMA'ing with corsair too.

1) only 1 of my stick looks to be faulty. Will have have to send the whole set back(4x4gb sticks)
2) what was the turn around time?

My main problem now is, if i have to send them all back i'll have no RAM to replace it with in the mean time.

Sorry for the horrendously late reply, you must have already gone through this process, but for the benefit for anyone that happens to stumble upon this thread, ill answer anyway:

1. You don't have to send the whole set back, unless they just dont happen to have your exact type of stick in stock, they'll let you know when you submit your RMA.

2. Turn around time was very quick thanks to cross ship, think I received my replacement within 2-3 days, and was dispatched day after I submitted my RMA. Would probably take twice as long if you dont cross ship

Back
Top Bottom