Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi with a 8700k.

Soldato
OP
using one with a 1700X. runs very cool. it's a great cooler however it's a right PITA to install. I had to get someone to help and I had to take the fan off too and then when I put it back on one of the holding pins is half jammed in the fan. I could fix it easily but it won't come loose so that's all that matters. i'd probably end up damaging something else and it's not a big deal.

personally I'd go with noctua if feeling flush as they are the best or hyper 212 evo if on a budget. however it's probably the fact I was on AMD which made it hard to install. intel bracket and mounting holes may be a lot easier.

Ordered one yesterday. I'll be careful installing it. Thanks for that bit of info mate :)

Soldato
OP
There's some audio thing in the settings for the RGB isn't there?
If you turn that on, does the light go off when pc is off because, well, no audio?

There is no on or off on the audio? This is weird this as never happened before? I'm kind of like WTF? Thanks for the help though.

Edit: Cryorig got back to me on this issue and said:

Thank you for contacting us and for your support in Cryorig's product. There are two ways to turn off the light of the H7 Quad Lumi besides disconnecting your PSU.

1.Set to the fixed black before your PC is off.
2.Choose the "Audio" page and activate it before your turn off the PC.

All of the mentioned methods are able to make the light off after your PC shutting down.

What? So I have to do this every time I shut off PC. What a shame :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don’t mind the white led fan it’s the underglow of the heat sink that never turns off. It’s plugged in a internal USB Header and it always stays on. The x52 kraken plus HUE + shut it off. Why don’t this? Oh well think I’ll sell it on at a loss and use my kraken instead

Soldato
OP
I’ve decided I’ve had enough of this cooler of its issues and going back to AIO. Just bought the new Thermaltake Floe Dual Riing RGB 280 TT Premium Edition. They are very hard to find here in the UK. Just too new. Have to get them from the states. That CAM Software is awful. Cryorig needs to make there own software.

Soldato
OP
Cryorig has good customer support. One of the best out there!

I suspect once you change the settings the lights will turn of when computer is powered off. ;)

I've changed the settings and it still stays on? I have another item that uses the usb header and that turns off fine. It doesn't matter I'm going with the Thermaltake Floe AIO next week instead. Oh well I tried :(

Soldato
OP
So it the NZXT CAM control system and Z370 Gaming 7 that are not working together .. so in all likehood it's a NZXT problem rather than Cryorig sense Cryorig clearly says is a NZXT CAM control module. ;)

Yup. Maybe they fix this issue,but not today. I'll wait unti they fix it before install it again.

Back
Top Bottom